Chapter Eleven

Stefania: Hey Bella. I miss you.

Danielle was unsure of what to make from the text message she received last night from her former roommate. Since it was sent during the very early hours of the morning she could only assume that it was drunken words. But maybe she was sober? Either way it was a good indication to know that she was still playing on her mind.

Danielle: Maybe we should talk?

She was getting her cast removed today at the hospital so she was up early and making breakfast in the kitchen. Opting to make some porridge, using the oats she had pushed to the back of the cupboard. Chopping up some pieces of strawberries, chucking some blueberries on top and adding a drizzle of honey to complete her healthy meal. It was delicious. Danielle had been slacking lately with her diet: ordering too many takeaways and eating out at fast food restaurants. Since the accident she hasn't had much interest in working on her physical body but today might indeed change that.

Scooping up the last bit of porridge, letting the cereal bowl sink to the bottom of the water in the kitchen basin, soaking in warm soapy water. Slipping into a pair of converses that were tucked next to a kitchen counter and grabbing her coat from the hook near the door as it was currently raining outside.

The hospital was a bit quieter today since her last visit. Trees waving over the buildings with leaves buried at the trunks, an array of colours paving the pathways from shades of brown to bright orange. Autumn was one of her favourite times of the year. Nothing could beat a hot chocolate and sitting by a scorching fireplace!

She checks in with the receptionist, smiling as she greets them politely. They tell her to take a seat in the waiting room which she does. The same magazines littering the coffee tables, noticing some leaflets on sepsis and staying safe during the winter flu. Many people fall ill around this time of year. Slumping back into the plastic chair, she pulls her phone out noticing a message.

Stefania: Drop by later?

It was a vague and nondescript message but that didn't stop her from over-analysing every word and punctuation placed. Was she angry? Was she happy? Was she disappointed? The blonde sighs and agrees to the brunette. Telling herself that she will drop by after her appointment at the hospital this morning.

"Danielle Savre..." A doctor calls out into the abyss of people; scanning his eyes across the hoards. She gracefully stands up, feeling everyone's eyes tracing her body and suddenly feeling self-conscious. It was only a matter of seconds before they all turned to look back at the floor again. Retrieving to their magazines, phones and partners.

"How has your arm been? Any pain at all?" The doctor takes a peak, placing her arm on top of the desk and pulling on some disposable gloves. The slap of the material against his skin making her jump slightly by the disturbing sound.

"Everything has been fine," Danielle smiles. Taking a look around his cornered office, noticing a dying plant tucked away under his desk, hoping he takes better care of his patients than he does plants.

"Great stuff. I can see in your notes that you were having trouble sleeping? Has that improved?"

"Yes a lot better, thank you," Danielle replies, watching him make markings on the cast with a fine liner before finding a tool to remove the cast with.

"So, obviously you'll have to still be mindful of your arm as it has been through a lot. But you are more than welcome to return to your normal routines as long as it's nothing too strenuous,"