Chapter One

This is my first story based on Stefania and Danielle who play Carina and Maya from Station 19. Expect to see mature content.

I also want to add a trigger warning to this chapter. I hope you enjoy!

-

The rain is relentless. Increasingly cold and heavy. Pouring down harshly onto the windscreen of a rental car in the middle of the night. Stars peaking through the grey and puffy clouds. London nightlife dripping into the distance. There was something calming about driving in the rain. Repetitive sounds of the droplets bouncing off the glass. 

Danielle turns up the volume of the car radio; filling the silence with one of her favourite songs. Echoing throughout the car. Tapping her fingertips on the leather steering wheel to the melody of the song. The blonde had been attending late acting classes on her gap year abroad, while working in a restaurant in the city centre during the day. On the weekends, she would explore everything that London has to offer. Ticking activities off her bucket list. She had always been an adventurer at heart. Usually, she would take the quiet country roads home, but it was much quicker to travel on the motorway. Sleep was calling and her feet ached from standing all day. 

In comparison to the morning rush hour; the roads were basically empty. Besides the trail of lorries snaking in and out of the left-hand lane. Weaving through them, using the middle lane to her advantage, overtaking them at a sensible speed. Indicating when necessary. Remembering her lecture her father gave her before her journey out here about driving safely. Danielle had never driven in another country before, but she knew she was a safe driver, it was an automatic car like the ones back home. The lights flickering in and out of her vision, blurring as she turns her head to the wing-mirrors, slowly escaping them, becoming dark objects behind her. It looks eerie. 

Rain continues to crash down heavily on the screen, so she clicks up a notch on her window wipers to the change of pace. Loud cracks in the sky can now be heard in the distance. Vibrating through the Earth underneath her car. She didn't mind a storm. It felt familiar. It can be quite relaxing to listen to. Especially when curled up against a warm fireplace, a hot chocolate in hand, a comforting movie playing in the background. The only thing missing would be a special person to share it with. She sighs at the thought, missing her family and friends back in the States. Danielle only has a few more months left in this beautiful city so she wants to make the most of it. Attempting to shove her longing thoughts to the back of her mind. 

As the rain picks up again once more, she turns the radio down to concentrate on the road ahead of her. Focusing on the painted white lines on the road. Noticing a lorry sliding against the surface of the tarmac, swaying from left to right. Are they drunk? Can they not drive? A few curse words leave her mouth, slowing the speed of her car down to keep a way eye on the situation forming in front of her. Rain and the night sky making it impossible to see clearly. Her window wipers working extra hard to fight against the fiery rain. Water heaping off the sides of the car. 

Another tear in the sky rips through the atmosphere, releasing a bolt of bright lightening. Blinding every driver currently on the road. Danielle blinks. Time slowing down with the rhythm of the thunder that follows in a matter of milliseconds. The swaying lorry now sliding against the road, swerving in a horizontal direction against the motorway. Danielle holding her breathe. Grasping tighter on the steering wheel. Slamming down on the breaks. The water-coated road allows her car to slides against the surface, connecting with the lorry. Tires screeching. Staring blankly. She's going to die. This is it. Crashing into the length of the vehicle in front of her. Shattering glass replacing the sharp rain. Connecting with the burst of the airbag. She loses consciousness. 

Time stands still. Silence filling the air shortly after the loud bangs and crashes. Rain breaking through the shattered glass and into the car, falling ever so delicately on her pale face. A sinister silence. Her fingernails transforming from a pink colour to a white-washed colour. 

A few seconds go by. It isn't long until a little, yellow car pulls up behind the scene. Stopping at a safe distance from the smoke now forming above the collision. The brunette jumping out of her car in a mad dash. Sheltering her eyes from the brisk rain as she makes a run for the car with the blonde in it. Noticing a petite women slumped against the steering wheel with blood dripping down her nose. Blonde hair stained with red. The brunette using her sleeves to push away the broken glass from her car door. Dropping pieces of glass to the road. 

"Hello. Can you hear me? My name is Stefania and I am going to help you." Speaking as calmly as possible, in case she can hear her voice. Assessing the situation carefully. Pulling out her phone, her shaking fingers dialling for the emergency services. 

"Hi... There has been an accident on the motorway with multiple people injured." She says with urgency corrupting her throat. "Okay. Yes. Yes." Listening to the provider as carefully as possible, answering the wave of questions to the best of her ability. 

The Italian hangs up the phone, with the emergency vehicles two minutes away from the scene. 

Clearing up more of the glass to safely push her arm through the now vacant window frame. Her soaking hands touching the blondes face, opening her eyelids, checking whether her pupils are dilated or not. Then pushing her fingers into the side of the neck, feeling for a pulse, any indication of life. She's still breathing. Stefania sighs with relief. Whipping her puffer coat off and removing it, draping the fabric over the victims body and around her shoulders. 

"I'm giving you my coat, okay? To keep your warm until help is here." She wasn't sure if the poor girl could even hear her, but she didn't want her to feel alone regardless. "It won't be long now. You are going to be okay. I promise." Grabbing the hand of the blonde, squeezing it tight, rubbing her thumb over the delicate and broken skin. Warming her hands up with her touch. 

Pushing her hair out of the way. None of her limbs seem to be trapped, which is a good thing. Stefania looks down the road as she hears sirens blaring through the ghostly streets, the music of their vehicles inching closer with every blink. 

Screams evade her lungs, waving her hands in the air, shouting at the ambulances. Paramedics exit their cars in what felt like slow-motion. Rushing through the rain. Stefania steps back from the scene, allowing the paramedics to rush to the blondes aid. Catching her breathe which she didn't even realise she was holding. Only moments ago, the Italian was performing in front of hundreds of people, applauding her, the team and the production. Still wearing the red, silky dress that her character loves to wear throughout the majority of her scenes. 

Each night they would travel across the city and showcase their performance in local theatres, sometimes schools and universities. They would occasionally travel across the country if the show gained enough popularity. In hopes that one day she could take her acting skills across the world. It has always been her dream since being a little girl in Sicily where she would put on individual performances for her family and friends to see. Her family smiling back at her as she would twirl across the living room with her arms outstretched as far as they could go. Tonight was no different. Although, she definitely was not expecting to witness a car crash on her way back to her apartment. 

The paramedics carry out the blonde on a stretcher, an oxygen mask attached to her face, laying ever so still with a cushion protecting her neck. Stefania grabs hold of the stretcher, asking a million and one question to the front liners who are ushering Danielle into the ambulance. 

"I'm riding with you." Stefania stammers, "I want to make sure she has someone there when she wakes up." Demanding while jumping into the spare seat of the ambulance. No one argues with the Italian as they nod at her. She couldn't imagine waking up and no one being there for her. It was the least that she could do. All the doors of the ambulance close, engine starts up. Speeding away from the collision scene, observing the firefighter dissemble the smoke coming from the lorry. What a crazy night, the brunette thought. Keeping a tight grip on the blondes hand, never letting go. Praying she lives to see tomorrow. 

It soon becomes a blur as they pull into the hospital bay. Doctors already waiting to save the blonde. Stefania following the crowd.

-

Please let me know your thoughts on this chapter! I hope to update very soon :) I promise it gets a lot cheerier. Anyway... who else can't wait for the new season?