Chapter Eighteen: "I May Have A Crush On Wesley Stromberg."

En başından başla

“Wow, I can’t believe you actually stripped it down,” I nod appreciatively at the white wood floor and walls. Most of the furniture was gone, except for the grey couch, the television set, a bookshelf at the corner, the coffee table, a dresser drawer and, the orange chair that she forced me to get.

“I was forced to sell some of my books as well when I didn’t get any job for that first summer here. Thank God Darren helped me with the selling. He’s really nice, Russell, why do you hate him?” she asked, going inside the kitchen and coming back a moment later with a pitcher of iced tea.

“He’s annoying, that’s what,” I replied as I took a glass. “What’s your job last summer, then?”

She sat down on the orange chair, “I worked at Barnes and Noble, stood as an assistant in the nearby Home for the Aged and, took care of children in the day care…although there weren’t many of them, it was summer, anyway.”

Madison smiled, “you really are a sweet person, Chelsea. I wish more people are like you.”

At this, Chelsea’s cheeks turned red as she tried to brush the comment off, “oh, uhm, I tried. I was planning to go back to the day care this winter break, just to have something to do if there aren’t a lot of school works.”

Madison beamed brightly at Chelsea, who kept her head down and drank her iced tea quietly.

“So, Russell,” Chelsea began once more, hating the silence that started to swallow the three of us, “how’s work? Anything interesting?”

“Well…” I scratched the back of my head, “I am working as a documentation member of the X Factor…?” Heck, I don’t think that’s an interesting thing in my job.

Her eyes widened as she blurted out, “X Factor? As in the X Factor?!”

I raised an eyebrow, “why are you so surprised?”

“Well, I don’t know,” she scoffed, “Britney Spears is there, right? So is Simon Cowell and Carly Rose and Demi Lovato and Beatrice Miller, right?”

“I don’t think that those are the only people you’ve liked in that show…”

She pouted, “Okay, I may have a crush on Emblem3’s Wesley Stromberg but that’s NOT THE POINT!” she screeched.

I wince, “okay, okay, geez, calm your hormones!”

She gave a what-the-actual-fuck look before shaking her head and setting her now empty glass of iced tea on the floor. “You’re working around celebrities and you make it look so miserable!”

“Well, sorry to break the news, sis but, it IS kinda miserable, y’know!” I pouted. “And, besides, your love life’s more interesting. Who’s the lucky guy?”

“It -- it’s not,” Chelsea shook her head, “we’re not together.”

“Is he a suitor?”

“No.”

“Then, a friend, perhaps?”

“I think, maybe, I don’t know.”

I grew more distressed with each of her answers, “then, who is he?”

“An…acquaintance,” Chelsea finished with a smile on her face. “Alright, it’s getting late,” she pointed to the clock, which read 9:45 P.M. “You guys better go if you want me to be early tomorrow,” she continued, ushering us out of her apartment.

“Bye, Russell, Madison, see you!” she chirped before shutting the door in our faces.

But Madison didn’t seem to notice that something seemed wrong with my sister.

I will update in a bit and, I swear to you, the next chapter's going to be SO WORTH IT but I won't update it yet without this chapter having comments first :D.

So, see you guys later! (Or not, since it's around 9:15 pm in here).

I love you guys <3

xo,

T.