Epilogue

H POV

It had been a while. I didn't think I'd be standing outside the doors of this bar again, it's bright lights and sengoku aesthetic, sent me on a nostalgia trip.

Had it really been 3 years?

" You coming?" Naruto asked tugging my hand.

I nodded my head and followed behind.

We were meeting up with our friends for drinks to celebrate my graduation. I had finally finished my education degree and was starting my new teaching job at an elementary school next week.

But we had a few other big announcements the others had no idea about.

" I'm so nervous. Are you nervous?" I asked as we entered the bar.

Naruto smiled, " Not at all. Come on this won't come as a shocker to any of them."

I could see our friends at the table laughing and talking amongst themselves and instantly stiffened.

Naruto chuckled at my reaction and kissed the hand he held.

" This is something to be celebrated remember? You do love me right?"

I smiled at him. After everything we'd been through together did he even have to ask.

" Of course " I replied.

" And I love you that's all that matters. Who cares what anyone else thinks?"

So there we went hand and hand to the table where all our friends happily greeted us with open arms.

" Congratulations Hinata!" Tenten said hugging me tightly, " You've wanted this for so long I'm so proud of you."

" Thanks Tenten," I looked to everyone, " Thank you all. You really didn't have to go out of your way to surprise me like this."

" Of course we did" Shino said with a smile. " You've worked so hard. This deserves some sort of celebration."

" You deserve some sort of praise too though Shino. You help me get this job" I threw in.

" Hey anything for you" Shino replied.

Naruto suddenly turned his head and began looking around the bar " Hey were's Sasuke and Sakura? We've got some news to share."

" Ugh running late again" Ino exclaimed. " You know how his business meetings go and Sakura's habit of making sure everything's perfect before she leaves the hospital."

" I texted her like four times and no response" Temari said, " So we might as well get comfortable."

" Drinks are on me, business is booming so I got some cash to spend" Shikamaru said waving his hand to catch a bar tenders attention.

My phone buzzed and I looked down and scrolled through my messages.

" Looks like there not the only ones late. Apparently Hanabi and Neji were running late too. Something about father refusing to take his medication again."

Naruto sighed, " Seriously? He's still recovering from surgery."

I chuckled " Well you know the dojo's number one now that he's back on his feet again nothing can stop him."

Naruto shook his head " Bumping into a few walls maybe."

" Naruto-kun!"

" What? I'm tired of fighting with him about his medication. If he wants his vision to improve he's gotta cooperate" he said crossing his arms.