Chapter 19: Feelings

N POV

2 months later...

Today I decided to do something I hadn't done in a long time. Have people over. I figured since I was on this happy high why not keep it going. In my tiny living room it was storytelling and booze chugging galore. I was in the kitchen looking for my pack of cards for our poker game, while Sakura grabbed more snacks for everyone.

" Need any help" I said to her while sticking the cards in my pocket.

" No I'm fine" she replied.

She lifted up the food tray like it was nothing and left the kitchen just like that. She didn't look at me once.

Okay so when I said I was on this happy high I may have exaggerated a tad bit.

I mean don't get me wrong things were pretty good on my end, but these past few days it seemed that Sakura was getting annoyed with me a lot more easily.

We'd get into these little scuffles about dumb things like what movies we should watch or the food we should eat.

It's like we were never on the same page and I noticed she was spending a lot more time with her friends and at that damn job.

Especially her little side job delivering that paper work to that Sasuke Uchiha guy.

Just thinking about his name made my blood boil.

She had no idea what she was doing to me visiting that guy of all people. Dropping off paper work was fine but what the hell was going on in there that took two a whole hours?

That guy..he wasn't someone she should be around.

I was worried something wasn't right.

When I'd ask her she'd say she just talk to him.

It's seemed like she was talking to him more then she was me nowadays. I just couldn't understand what was wrong, we were doing so well.

We'd been dating for two months now and I was doing everything in my power to be the best boyfriend I could.

It was exhausting in a way, putting all my effort in and getting little to nothing in return. I wanted this to work so bad but I just didn't know what to do.

I wanted her to be as happy as I was to be with her, but there was some barriers I couldn't break with her.

What did I have to do to have all of her? and how come it felt like I was the last person she'd come to for anything.

It was lonely.

Still, I shook my head and returned to the living room. There was no time for those thoughts, I was suppose to be having fun.

" Alright I got the cards who's ready to get there ass handed to them?"

Shikamaru smirked at me and shook his head. " That'd be you buddy this is my game get your wallet ready."

I laughed and looked for a seat next to Sakura, but only to find her friend Ino in my place. I awkwardly sat next to Ino's boyfriend Sai instead and began dealing out cards.

Great now she didn't even want to sit next to me.

We played poker for like an hour, Shikamaru as promised completely slaughtered me and I ended up owing him hundred bucks. During our game Gara had a bit to much too drink and turned my bathroom into a cyst pit and my pal Kankuro past out on my couch.  So it was safe to say the night was coming to an end.

Sakura stayed behind to help clean up. There was only sounds of dishes clanking together and the rustling of the garbage that filled the silence.

" I had fun I'm glad you convinced me to do this" I bravely said.