Chapter 38: Release

SAS POV

So there I was. An hour early at the river bank walking aimlessly back-and-forth like a mad man, drowning in my negative thoughts. My leather loafers were stained with dirt and my expensive suit jacket abandoned into the grass.

I chuckled at myself for thinking I'd get any work done today. Document after document, phone call after phone call, the only thing I could think about was them. Him, her, the what happened and what would happen.

I lowered myself into the grass as the last bit of sun light warmed my cheek. Then I shut my eyes and exhaled deeply.

What the fuck was I doing?

A fight? As if this would solve anything.

Trust was broken, relationships destroyed all in the name of protection. I lied and deceived the people I cared for most in this world, snuck behind their backs and stain my hands.

I became a monster, for justice, then to save them and as a result I lost them.

And now I wanted to have my cake and eat it too. Hadn't I done enough? Didn't I have enough.

I had money and riches some people could only dream about, yet I was the poorest man on the planet.

Friends, love, those were life's true treasures. I learned that the hard way and now that I had tasted that life style I didn't want to give it up. One thing that hadn't changed about me  after all these years was my determination.

Even though the cards didn't look like they were in my favor, there was this little voice inside me, just like the one that told me to get justice for my brother, just like the one who help build my company, that screamed keep pushing until I couldn't.

After all I didn't have much else to lose? I had lost everything.

My eyes drifted to the river and I rose to my feet.

I stared at its sparkly surface and smiled slightly at my ridiculous worn out reflection.

" What an idiot I grew up to be huh brother?"

I heard what sounded like a car door open, the foot steps slowly approached me.

I didn't even have to look, I could feel it was him. His hard stare drilling into the side of my face.

" Hey!" he yelled demanding my attention.

He glared at me. I had gotten so use to it i had almost forgotten what his face looked like relaxed.

More people emerging from cars caught my attention and for a second I thought I was going to get jumped, but they stopped at a distance, some standing on the bridge some sitting in the near by grass patches.

" You came ....and you've brought an audience."

He wasn't amused by my little jeer in the slightest. Instead he rolled up his sleeves and came even closer towards me.

" Its about time we ended this don't you think Sasuke ?"

He assumed a stance and I was instantly taken back to our fights when we were younger. There was a distinct difference in skill from then that made me smirk a little in amusement.

He definitely was gonna try his damn hardest to kick my ass.

I assumed my own stance.

Well I sure wasn't gonna make it easy for him.

" I couldn't agree more."
——-

It all happened so fast, complete silence then an explosion. It was like he was waiting his whole life for this moment, he didn't hesitate as he sent a heavy fist flying towards my face.