Chapter 9: Gloom

N POV
Surprise! they weren't tears of joy.

It always hurt my heart to see such a pretty face soiled by tears.

We were now at a local ice cream bar. It was a little early in the day to be filling our stomachs with sugar, but i had to do something to cheer her up. Plus if i didn't get her out of her car, i was pretty sure a cop would, seeing her bawling her eyes out like that crying.

I watched as she stuffed her face full of mint chocolate chip like it was going out of style, while she explain what happened through her tears.

It was the saddest sight i had ever seen.

" Slow down angel face your gonna vomit like that" i said resting my hand on hers.

" I don't care!" She said with teary eyes.

Yikes.

" Its hopeless isn't it? I should just give up and move on with my life. Why'd i think we could become something more?" she said. She crossed her arms and rested her head on the table in defeat.

I was mad for her.

I mean what kind of guy treats such a nice, loyal girl like that. Woman like her were hard to come by these days.

You know, girls with personality that actually matched there looks.

" He's an idiot. The boyfriend title obviously scares him. Sleeping with you with no commitment was a pretty sweet deal. He expected you to put up with that and now that your not he doesn't
know what to do" i said licking my spoon.

I couldn't help but think of Sakura.

Was being in a relationship even a thing anymore?

" Good on you for standing up for yourself. Uncle Naruto's proud of you" i said with a grin.

I managed to get a smile out of her.

" Remind me what it is about this guy that's got you hooked?" i asked. " Cause right now he just seems like a huge dick."

There must have been a reason she put up with all that. She was a knock out. She could have any guy if she tried hard enough.

So why him?

A dreamy smile appeared on her face. " He was like my Hero."

" The story's cliché, now that I think about it. I was bullied back in middle school. I was the typical shy kid with no back bone and He was the popular sporty kid with a ton of friends. One day he and  another friend of ours were assigned partners in our english class, back then you were stuck with those set partners till the end of the year and boy was it one great year."

The way she spoke had so much emotion in it. It was like she was reliving that moment. I could feel affection radiating off her like heat.

" We were inseparable ever since. Lets just say i was never picked on again and over time he stopped being a hero in my eyes and more ...."

" Hot?" i said wiggling my brows.

The way she blushed was too cute, i let a laugh slip from my lips as she struggled to continue.

" W-well i wouldn't say it in those words.."

I leaned back into my seat analyzing the situation.

" So his kindness earned your love huh?" I said.

" That and his goofy laugh, the way he pouts when he's mad, his bravery and determination, god even the way he chews his food is just perfect" she said gripping her hair.