Chapter 13: Blurred

H POV

I could feel the beat of the music drumming in my chest, when we entered. Standing in the door way in awe, I took in the mixture of neon lights and bodies moving along the dance floor. The air was thick, the smell of alcohol and various body scents covered every inch of the space. The bright lights, loud music and chatter combo seem to almost intimidate me.

Naruto squeezed my hand bringing me back to my senses, showing his support. He pushed my hair back and spoke into my ear.

" Don't you worry I'm right here" he said under the blaring music, his breath tickling my ear.

I looked at him kindly and nodded and increased my grip on his hand. I could feel eyes on us already as weaved through the crowd. More so on Naruto than anything, but who could blame them it was hard for even me to take my eyes off of him.

He was so tall and handsome. He walked with so much confidence his strides powerful and mesmerizing.

What the hell was wrong with me?

We reached an area away from the crowd and closer to the bar. Naruto separated from me to greet a guy with silver hair and a mask covering the lower half of his mouth who came out from around the bar.

I panicked a little and didn't move a muscle. They exchanged a few words, Naruto's eyes occasionally wandering to me.

They were definitely talking about me.

He and the other guy then turned to me and Naruto motioned for me to join them with his index finger. I was a bit nervous, but with a smile like that who could object.

" Don't be nervous" he said slinging his arm around me " I want to introduce you to someone."

The man with silver hair looked at me friendlily, though I couldn't see his mouth I could tell he was smiling.

" This is a former teacher of mine Kakashi, when he's not teaching he's taking care of this club." Naruto said gesturing to him with his hand. " Kakashi this is my friend Hinata."

Kakashi stuck his hand out " Nice to meet you Hinata" I shook his hand and smiled. " Naruto was just telling me about your predicament."

My smile dropped, I gave Naruto a look and he was quick to clarify.

" He's agreed to be an extra set of eyes for the night. I told him you were a little nervous about coming here. I wanted you to feel extra safe" he said.

My face softened. " Oh..thank you that was really nice of you" i said to Kakashi.

" Hey any friend of Naruto is a friend of mine. He was my student" Kakashi said cheerfully.

Kakashi then lifted his eyebrows in thought. " Though I have to say I think this is the first time he's brought a date with him to this club." Kakashi came a bit closer to me with teasing intent.

" You seem to really have him whipped."

I reddened at his misunderstanding and choked on my own words. " N-No we um.. W-were aren't-"

Naruto gave Kakashi a playful shove and laughed. " Hey stop messing with her. What a guy and girl can't be friends? We're just here to escape our crazy lives and have some fun. Plus you already know I've got my eye on a certain girl."

" Ah THAT girl. You're still obsessed with her after all these years huh?" He said teasingly.

" You bet, now stop messing around and get us some drinks will ya?" Naruto said settling into a seat by the bar.

I joined him ignoring the weird pained feeling settling in my gut.

Was I getting sick?

We sat at the bar chatting for a little bit. He seems so comfortable like he was in his element, while I was struggling to keep myself from throwing back drink after drink.