Chapter 33: Enchanted

H POV

Naruto turned into a statue, completely frozen with his eyes popping out of his head.

It was only then did I realize the double meaning of my words.

I felt my face reddened.

Hinata my god why do you keep putting yourself in these situations? I'm You have a functioning brain, your not a dumb girl, you even told yourself over and over not to blow this, yet you go and say something like this.

Now what? What would he say? I couldn't take it back now.

Naruto rubbed the back of his head " Wow.."

Wow indeed.

" I-I mean you said it yourself that Shikamaru would be pretty angry so I thought this would be easier for you" I quickly explained. " Plus you've slept over before so I thought-"

" Okay."

" I didn't mean-" I immediately shut my mouth taking in his response.

" Okay!?" I repeated.

Naruto nodded his head. " I mean if it's fine with you ."

Embarrassed, I choked on my own words. I couldn't believe he actually agreed. I didn't know how to react.

I quickly muddled a response. " Y-yeah it's fine."

" Cool" he said.

" Cool" i said echoing his words.

Silence filled the car.

The word awkward didn't even feel like it held enough power to describe the energy in the car.

" You like music?"

" I LOVE IT" I replied.

And with that the radio was turned on.

Thank goodness.

I found myself staring out the window reflecting on this fairy tale of a night. Everything went so perfectly, we discovered new things about each other, we laughed and I felt like Naruto and I had become  so much closer. I guess part of me asked him to stay over, because I secretly didn't want tonight to end.

I glanced at him and smiled to myself. If it wasn't so awkward right now and I was a bit braver I might have even told him how I felt.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

Oh well, I was sure we'd go out again like this.

After stopping at Naruto's place so he could grab a few things, we made it to my condo. In the lobby one of the security guards stared us down.

" Hey thanks again man" Naruto said to him.

The security guard nodded his head back at him.

That was right he was the one who delivered me the flowers. He was also on shift all the times I brought Naruto up to my apartment. With that and Kiba's drunken visits, He must have thought I was a complete floozy.

As the elevator went up so did my anxiety. I had to pull myself together, it's not like he hadn't been to my condo and it wasn't like I hadn't been alone with him before.

I looked at Naruto, he seemed perfectly fine confirming it was just me overthinking this.

I took a deep breath.

You're freaking out for nothing. He just came here to sleep that's all.

Wait a minute. Did HE know that? Of course he did, it wasn't like this was an actual date we were just joking around.