Chapter 18: Toxic

H POV

I wanted to run. I swore every hair on my body stood up just looking at him. When I had gotten Naruto's message the other night I was crushed. Suddenly being at my own apartment was difficult, it reminded me too much of him. I ended up having to sleep over at Kiba's to just recollect my self.

And don't even get me started about the strength it took to reply and not burst into tears in front of Kiba.

It was too soon. I was so bitter. So hurt.

" Uh.. wow so you shop here too huh?" he said scratching the back of his neck with one hand.
I took the opportunity to snatch the meat from his hand.

I was usually polite and tried to be cordial no matter how upset I was, but this... this was too much.

" Well it is one of the main supermarkets in konaha" I said sarcastically, as I placed the meat in my shopping cart.

Naruto looked surprised by my attitude and a bit hurt.

I didn't let it get to me.

I took my cart and began moving further down the isle and acted as if he wasn't there. I felt his gaze on me. I wished he'd just take the hint and leave, but no he always pushed things.

" Uh-"

" What?" I snapped at him.

There it was again, that hurt in his eyes. Like I bit him or something.

" I was kind of wondering if I could have that meat. I kinda have plans tonight that involves cooking...for 2."

The nerve of him to even ask me that. What kind of impulsive idiot was he?

" How about no" I said as I continued to shop.

I heard him sigh. Oh so now he was gonna get annoyed? Why the hell was he even speaking to me right now?

" Hinata... i get that you're upset-"

I spun around and glared at him. " Shut up!"

His eyes widened and I felt the last bit of my patience leave me.

" Don't you say another damn word about me or what I feel!" I yelled.

I abandoned my shopping cart and walked up to him. " I was wrong about you.You are selfish and you used me."

His face changed. His mouth formed a line and his eyes sharpen.

" Hey."

I stabbed a finger into his chest. " Admit it you were toying with me. All those things you said were just lies. You didn't care about me did you!?"

" That's not-!" he started raising his voice this time.

" I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, that maybe you were just uncomfortable, but that text message said it all. You didn't care, you just wanted to get into my pants from the moment you saw me at that bar!"

I felt tears in my eyes. My throat was tight. Damn it. The last thing I wanted was to cry in front of him.

He suddenly grabbed me by my arm and began pulling me along with him. I struggled and cursed, but his grip was too strong. I was pretty sure everyone in the supermarket was looking at us, yet no one dare to jump in.

We were now outside, I struggled to keep up as he dragged me down the street to a bus stop with a glass shelter. Luckily no one was inside because once we got in, it was Naruto's turn to yell.

" I don't care about you!? After everything we went through? How dare you say that to me?" He said.

" Well what the hell am I supposed to think Naruto!?" I yell back. " A text message? Really!?"