Chapter 35: Unveil

SAS POV

For the first time in a long time I was uncomfortable. Everyone's eyes were on me. Anger, frustration, hurt, I could feel it all radiating off of them, the tension in the room could peel the paint off the wall.

It was all my fault.

Like a fool, I acted impulsively and my emotions got the best of me. Naruto wasn't the only one who hadn't done much changing over the years. These secrets, the lies I told that I convinced myself were necessary were crumbling around me.

Maybe it was better this way. The weight of it all was destroying me from the inside out. It was time to take off my mask and open pandora's box.

It was time for her to see the true me.

" As you wish" I said undoing my tie and tossing it onto my desk.

" Yes, I known Naruto I've known him since I was a kid In fact."

Naruto's eyes seemed to set ablaze just at the mention of our younger selves. Just like they did that night. The image of him laying on the ground beaten and bruised as he begged and cried out to me.

The heart wretched croak, " Why?" he repeated over and over as I turned my back on him, I would hear it clearly in my head until the day I died.

" We met by a river the day after i lost my entire family we were both about 10" I said.

Sakura's eyes widened. The stern face expression she held relaxed a bit.

" Lost your family?" she said.

" Yes...if I remember correctly there was an article about it. That it was some sort of accident right?" She said.

It was in that moment I realized just how little we actually knew about each other. I had kept hidden some of the most important aspects of my life from everyone, out of fear. I already came across to most people as cold, and I didn't want a dark history to taint my image even further.

I didn't want the pity card. Even when it came to her I was still so closed off.

I didn't want it to be that way anymore.

" No I was able to pay the media off and get rid of as many old reporting of what actually happened as possible. The real story is my brother actually killed both my parents before taking his own life."

There it was, that look of shock and pity stained on both Sakura's and Hinata's face.It was almost as if I had become numb to the whole situation, talking about my family's death had become another story.

Naruto was emotionless, as expected.

" I was having a hard time coming to terms with everything, my brother and I were close I didn't understand how he could do something like this. That river was a place my brother and I visited often, so like the silly kid I was I thought going there I could find answers, but instead all I found was broken memories and frustration."

I stood up and looked out side in reflection, the sun was going down just like that day.

" Naruto came up to me and I guess in his weird way tried to make friends, but I naturally wasn't in the mood and we fought. You'd think that would stop him from approaching me, but Naruto was stubborn he kept coming even after I threatened his life."

Sakura let out a sigh " We'll that sure sounds like Naruto so I guess that can't be a lie right?"

" He's telling the truth so far but he's not finish."

I looked over my shoulder to see Naruto glaring at me.

" We some how were able to form a friendship through our bickering-"