the one where she becomes the detective

Start from the beginning

"Well," the brunette looked at Aldrich, "Thanks for giving me another reason to stay up the night."

"You make sure to get some sleep before school, yeah?" he smiled, getting up from the bed. He planted a kiss on her head and she hugged him back.

"I'm sorry about that night, Aldrich. I didn't mean to burst on you; and to manhandle that girl. I,uh, I went to her house today, her name is Giovanna and she's okay." Elyna said into the hug.

Aldrich swallowed thickly. "Do I, do I control you? Do you feel, um.. pressurized around me?"

Elyna broke from the hug. "I know you want only good for me." She steered away from answering Aldrich.

Yes, Aldrich was controlling but he did that for Elyna's safety.

"That means I do control you. That means that even after more than hundred years, I don't know you." His tone conveyed neither his anger or frustration on Elyna.

His voice was laced with sadness and a hint of self disgust.
"If I do not really know my sister, then our talks will feel superficial. We aren't considerate of each other's feelings, we end up hurting each other." The older Vampire mumbled to himself.

"Aldrich, no, we are not emotionally separated."

"Then what is it?" the brown eyed man looked Elyna exasperatedly. "What is it that I'm doing wrong?"

Elyna pushed a curl behind her ear and sat up straight. He pulled Aldrich down on her bed, making him sit in front of her.

"You aren't doing anything wrong....."
Elyna started out but immediately decided not to sugar-coat anything."You aren't doing much wrong. You have been an excellent guardian to me, always looking out for me at my worst; especially at my worst and giving up your entire life for me. I can't ask anyone better than you in my life. Aldrich, you're my rock bottom."

"I feel like there's a 'but' coming..."

Elyna nodded. "But you have to understand that I am not going to loose my control anymore. I am older and you have taught me so many techniques so that I can manage my bloodlust. I am fine now and I am healthy, even mentally. There's no reason for me to do what I did before."

Aldrich's brown eyes softened as he placed a hand on Elyna's cheek and Elyna rested her cheek on his hand. "I just.. I am so scared for you. I-I don't want anything to happen to you. I don't want to loose you."

"You won't. I promise you. You don't age, I don't age much, it's us till the end of the line." Elyna smiled softly, pulling her brother into a hug.

Quarrels between Aldrich and Elyna are resolved like this. Just a kiss and a hug and everything is normal between them again.

Later, Aldrich left the room, while Elyna opened the Sheriff's personal database for the Argent-Hale case.

just a little Aldrich-Elyna bonding session. mostly a filler chapter..

14.10.2022

There was a teeny-tiny mistake in this chapter, that I didn't even notice until one of you pointed it out, so I changed it. Aren't I a perfectionist??😎😎

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ON THE PART YOU LIKE