the one where she becomes the detective

Start from the beginning

Aldrich shot Elyna a confused look. He could didn't understand what Elyna was talking about. Modern day technology was not his strong suit. "Wait-what? The Irvin Kershner!"

"How many Irvins had I gone out with?" Elyna snapped, but continued altering the databases.

"How did he find that out?" the Chief Deputy Sheriff mused, slightly impressed and greatly worried by the extent of inquisitiveness of the boy.

"That news account had tagged your social media account. You are following me, so it was easy, if he used his top concentration and had plenty of time. He literally got that printout, which was stupid- he could actually take a screenshot and show me but that's not the point," Elyna rambled on, waving her hands in the air animatedly, "he got his werewolf friend to probably check on my heart beat and interrogated me about the picture."

"What did you say?"

"My great grandmother and that I was the reincarnation of her. Then I diverted the topic."

"Did the werewolf figure it out?"

"Impossible," Elyna scoffed, " I had a steady heartbeat and he's a new pup. He doesn't know how to distinguish between the supernaturals."

"Still. It won't be wise to underestimate him."

Elyna hummed in agreement and continued checking and re-correcting every piece of information about them in the database.

She had a hunch that Stiles would know the password to the database and would look into it to find more about her, so it was her job to outthink him.

After all, he's just an infant. He can't beat me, she thought.

"Aldrich, you have a really nice time to come back to your home, you know." Elyna randomly said.

"Why?" the vampire dropped down on her bed and messaged his temples and decided to answer the question himself. "Because there's a war going on between werewolves and the Argent Hunters?"

Elyna stopped typing and looked at the man who was already looking at her, a smug smile on his face, "I love to listen and pay attention too."

Elyna glared at him. "You know we can come in the middle of this crossfire. Yet you decided to risk our lives?"

"Hey, I didn't know that there's a war going on until the last Monday, okay?"

Elyna sighed and bit her tongue, stopping her from saying things that she will regret later. "Do you know why?" she said instead, watching Aldrich carefully.

Aldrich thought for a while, wondering if he should tell Elyna about it. He knows how she gets when she gets interested in something. She could get herself in trouble and wouldn't even know it.

"There was an arson by Kate Argent. Eight years ago, she and another man, they both set the Hale House in fire, killing the entire family in their sleep.." He saw Elyna flinch slightly.

"Eight years later, Kate Argent came back in town and was killed in a brutal animal attack. That is the official record, but I've see the pictures of the bodies, yeah. There were werewolves. Another case was involved in this was the murder of Laura Hale. Cut from the waist, only lower half of the body found. Everyone though it to be an animal attack until Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski found the upper half of the body buried in the backyard of the burnt down Hale House, aka the place where the only living Hale, Derek Hale was living."

"Stiles and Scott in the mess. Must be something supernatural. They wanted Derek to be convicted for killing his sister." Elyna thought out loud.

"Hmmm..." Elyna pouted her lips- like everytime she does when she is thinking something after Aldrich was done telling her about the Hale-Argent case that he'd himself studied deeply.