Chapter 55: In Every Life

Jungkook's POV

For the past three weeks, Taehyung and I have been working on the project together. He got my jet upgraded during the first week, so I have been learning what the jet does and what Taehyung has done to it.

The algorithm Tae created adapts faster than I can. It reads the pattern of the other jets and reacts before they can even move. It predicts the next move. That's one of the upgrades. Another is that the jet talks. Freaks me out every time. The jet also scans our vitals while in flight. If we are low on oxygen or anything is wrong, it alerts the team on land or on the ship. Each of the thirteen jets is connected to a computer at the base, so another person can watch our vitals.

The vitals upgrade was needed because one of Abeonim's recent upgrades to the jets messes with the pilot's vitals. Tae and Abeonim are currently working on an upgrade that would stabilize the effects. They are hoping to get it finished within this month.

So far, I haven't been affected by it yet. I am hoping it stays that way because I have a very tense and worried boyfriend on the ground monitoring my vitals closely. I am pretty sure he has created a way to control the jet if anything happens. I am pretty sure the jet can take over as well if I pass out. 

I heard Abeonim say that Tae has been working on this since he was little. He is way smarter than me. The mind behind that pretty smile is on another level.

"Koo, how do you feel? The jet is sensing that you're not paying attention. Are you lightheaded?" Tae's worried voice comes over the intercom.

"I'm ok, Angel. I was daydreaming. Sorry." He's adorable.

"Should you land? Are you tired? You've been up there for a while now." Tae continues worrying.

"Sure, I'll land." I answer to calm him down.

The moment I land, I am being checked over by Tae. 

"Baby, I'm ok." I hold his face and look into his worried eyes to calm him down.

"Are you sure?" He asks while searching my eyes.

"Positive, Love." I kiss him on the forehead then he rests his head on my shoulder.

"Good." He mumbles into my shoulder.

"Were my vitals really that bad?" I ask him once we get back to the hangar.

"No, but I didn't know if it was the start of something bad," Tae answers while reaching his arms out for me to carry him.

"Oh okay." I pick my Angel up and walk over to his workstation.

"What were you thinking about that made you so distracted?" Tae asks once we sit down.

"I was thinking about how smart you are." I smile when I look at him.

"Really?" Tae asks shocked.

"Mhm. This program you created is on another level." I answer him.

"Ohhh I guess." He shyly hides his face in my shoulder.

My Angel is too adorable. I love him so much.

"I brought you guys some lunch!" Eomeonim chirps as he walks into the hangar with several lunchboxes filled with food.

"Eomma!" Tae squeals and waves at him. 

"Hey, Bear. How's everything going?" Eomeonim asks when he walks over to us.

"Other than Kookie scaring me earlier, everything is going really well." Tae answers as he watches his Eomma opening all of the food.

"Oh what happened?" Eoemeonim asks worried.