Chapter 43: This is My Life

Namjoon's POV

While Jin is in the shower with both of the boys, I talk to Seojoon about what the future holds. He informs me that they will use the software I made on a military helicopter. They will use it to look for patterns in the plane crash. Something tells me that this crash was not an accident. I have a feeling that if I ask, my security clearance would be high enough to get the information, but I do not feel like knowing. I know they will tell me everything I need to know.

During our conversation, Seojoon informs me they will need me to install the software because I am the only one who understands it. This conversation has reality crashing in on me. My software is actually going to be used. It is actually important.

After a few minutes, I hear the doorbell ring. I know Ken is supposed to be coming over, so I go and answer it. 

"Hey Ken. Thank you for coming. I know that Jin will be very happy to see you." I greet him as he walks in.

"I hope I can help you guys out." He answers while taking off his shoes.

Recently, I have felt something weird about him. I hope it is just because of the stress of everything recently, but there is a voice screaming in my head warning me about him.

"Sorry, Jin will be right out. He's getting the boys ready." I explain to him as he looks around.

"Ok cool." He answers and sits down.

I go to the bathroom to check on them. When I walk in, they are all giggling in the bubble bath.

"Hey my loves." I coo as I see my gorgeous family.

They are laughing, so I feel my chest lighten a bit. 

I walk over to the tub and sit on the rim. I then begin to wash each of their hair. While I get these three ready, we all talk and laugh. I rinse each of them off then blow dry their hair. The two little boys had seen me blow dry Jin's hair, so now I dry all of their hair.

Once I get them all ready, we all walk out of the bathroom. When we walk out, Seojoon walks over to me and informs me he will head out for the day and reminds me to call him if anything happens. I assure him I will, and he leaves.

Author's POV

Most of the day goes by without incident until after dinner. After dinner, Namjoon washes the dishes while Jin puts both of the little ones in their room. They both want to sleep in their own room again, so he tucks them in with their angels. Once they are sleeping, he comes out of their room and walks over to the table where Ken is sitting.

"Angel, I'm going to go shower." Namjoon says as he kisses Jin.

"Ok, Joonie." He answers as he smiles at Namjoon.

Jin can tell something is wrong with Ken so he asks him.

"Ken, what's bothering you?"

"You should leave. You don't deserve this." Ken quickly says.

"What? What do you mean?" Jin asks startled and confused.

"This! None of this! Being a dad to two kids that aren't yours! Being in a relationship with someone like him! I've tried to accept it. I tried to stay quiet, but recently I can't! Your life has gone to shit! You are literally taking care of someone else's children and are with a man with a criminal past! I looked into him! His mother is a prostitute. She works for one of the most dangerous gangs in Seoul! He used to as well. Did you know that?! He's dangerous! We both know he screws around! He literally had a kid as a teenager! I know you are with him out of pity. He doesn't deserve you, and you don't deserve this shitty life!" Ken yells frustrated.