Chapter 40: Unconditionally

Namjoon's POV

As my alarm goes off, I feel my nerves get worse. I barely slept last night. My mind kept going over what questions they may ask me in the interview today. I know that Jin barely slept as well. When my alarm goes off, I feel Jin hold onto me tighter. I know he is nervous because I plan on telling them my sexuality. I don't want to give them a reason to arrest me later. I feel like I would get into more trouble if I hide from them.

When I get up to shower, Jin follows me.

"Angel, you don't have to shower." I say as I hold his face.

"I want to." He answers as he looks at me with worry.

During the shower, he held onto me and rested his head on my chest. I will come back to him. I know it.

When I get ready to leave, I walk into Tae and Jimin's room and kiss them on the forehead. I kinda want Jimin to be here when I get back. I know his dad is planning on picking him up today, but I want to be here when he does.

Jin walks with me to the taxi. As I get in, I kiss him.

"I'll be back. Don't worry, Angel." I whisper as I hug him once more. How I wish it wasn't technically illegal to be with him.

As the taxi pulls up to the building, I feel my hands get sweaty with nerves. When I walk up to the front desk, the secretary leads me to a waiting area. After a few minutes, a man in a military uniform comes out of the room.

"Kim Namjoon."

The moment he calls my name, I stand up and walk over to him.

"I'm here." I answer as confidently as I can.

I have no idea what's behind that door. 

"Have a seat Mr. Kim." The man at the end of the table instructs me as I enter the room.

There are about 15 men and women in uniform in this room with ranks of either colonel or general. Being in a room with them causes me to become even more nervous. 

"So, Mr. Kim, we are here today to discuss your software." The man at the end of the table says to me.

After that, everything is a blur. All I remember is blurting out that I'm gay before I say anything else. I remember they didn't seem phased when I blurt that out. By the end of the meeting, I have signed some contract which I don't really understand. All I know is that it's a lot of money. I know that I can't tell anyone about it, but they did allow me to tell my partner. I know some apartment was offered which I turned down. I know that a name tag was passed to me. I know that I am no longer going to work at the construction company. I know that our lives are changing more than I expected they would. I am going to be allowed to finish university. 

As I shakily stand up, I feel very strong hands hold me.

"This is Major Park Seojoon. He will be working for you from now on. He is head of your's and your family's security. We want you to understand that many people will want to get their hands on what you have created, so your's and your family's security is our top priority. Many things in your life will change from here on out. Keeping your mind healthy is a top priority for us which is why we are accommodating your sexuality and family."

After he says all of this, the Park guy gently escorts me out of the room. He sets me down on a chair and hands me water. I chug this water faster than an olympian. My whole body is shaking. I have become some shadow of the government. Apparently, my mind is dangerous now. I guess that the software I made has more to it than I realized. I even have a body guard now.

"Are you ok?" My security guard asks.

"I think so. I think I'm ok. I just need to go home and talk to my boyfriend." I answer quietly.