Chapter 14: Steps Towards Our Life

Author's Note

Underlined is texting: "______"

Namjoon's POV

One week has gone by since Jin officially moved in with Tae and me. He told me he has a fiance which I find mind boggling. I did not know that rich people actually did that. I thought that was only in the dramas, but apparently not. 

This has been the happiest that I have ever been. I did not expect to have fallen in love with someone who would  not bat an eyelash at having to take on so many responsibilities just to be with me. Jin always makes me smile and feel loved. Every morning when I wake up, I very quickly look down and see that Jin and Tae are both there. I am always afraid to wake up and find that this has been a dream. Tae is soooo happy to have Jin in our lives. They love each other so much, and I do get jealous somedays because they get to be together all day.

But, today things change. All three of us are walking up to the high school that is not too far from our apartment. Jin grew up in those rich people private schools, so I am worried about him because this is not an environment he is used to. Today we are only registering him in this school, but I am still worried. I am worried that this will hamper his chances of getting into a good culinary school. I am afraid that because of me, he won't be able to chase his dreams.

"Joonie, are you in your head again? Stop fretting. I will be ok. I am actually really excited. This will be all new for me. So, please breathe. Hm?"

"I'm sorry. I am just worried about you," I sigh as I hug him.

When we walk into the administration building, Jin confidently walks up to the front desk and states that he's here to register for school for this upcoming semester. I am proud of him. I am proud of how confident and happy he is. Jin deserves this. 

It takes us a few hours to get him fully registered, so Tae has become very fidgety in my arms. I begin to play with Tae to keep him occupied and quiet, but then I hear Jin asking the superintendent the craziest thing.

"That toddler is my son. As you can see, he is very well behaved and quiet. I do not have the money to put him in daycare. Would it be possible for me to take him to school with me? I promise he won't be a distraction. His mother is not in South Korea anymore. She's a foreigner. The one holding him works all day, so he can't take care of him either."

Before I can say anything, the superintendent agrees. I am guessing that there must be several young parents in this school. Obviously, Jin is ecstatic. The moment that the superintendent agrees, Jin swoops Tae out of my arms and swings him around happily. Obviously, Tae squeals in happiness. I am sure he is loving the attention and thrill. We then thank the superintendent and leave.

"Jin, are you sure about this? He won't be a distraction for you?"

"Hyung, I am sure! This will be fun, Plus, I can't stand the thought of strangers watching him. Do you not hear the horror stories that come out of daycares? Ugh! Horrible! Joonie, we can't send him to one if he don't have to! I would be worried about him the whole day! I am sure you used to worry about him everyday too."

Jin's rant has me laughing and patting his head. He is too adorable when he gets serious.

"Ok, you are right. I am sure Tae will be much happier with you all day too. Let's go home. Hm?"

"Let's go home!!!"

The whole day Jin has been humming while doing chores. I do not know how he finds all of this stuff to busy himself in our tiny apartment. It's so small that I did not think that it took this much work to keep it clean or whatever. I have no clue what he is doing. Jin keeps talking about how Tae will be everyone's favorite and how Tae will love it. I am just curious as to how he will have the time to look after a toddler while he is in class. I guess we will see how this works out. I trust Jin. It's just that I don't think he realizes what he's gotten himself into.