Chapter 1: The Baby

Namjoon's POV

"Please! Please give me the baby! I will take care of him! It was my fault anyways. I promise you will never hear from us ever again. I will raise him. Please just let me have him. Please don't leave him at the orphanage. I won't let this harm your family. I am begging you!" 

My pleas and sobs could be heard echoing throughout the mansion of the Swedish diplomat's house. 

Nine months ago, I met a girl at a school party, and we both got wasted. Neither of us were sober enough to remember a condom. By the time she found out she was pregnant, she was several months pregnant. Once I was informed of the pregnancy, I was not allowed to go anywhere near her nor my future baby. When the baby was born, I pushed through the house's security and begged her parents and her to allow me to have my son. Mine and my baby's cries were mixing together, and the Swedish family finally agreed to give me my son under one condition.

"Make sure that we do not see you nor that baby ever again. Do you understand?"

Broken and scared, I nodded my head and left carrying my precious bundle in my arms. As I left the mansion, the responsibilities started to settle in. With the weight of the world on my shoulders, I looked down at my son, and was struck by stunning green eyes staring up at me intently. In that one millisecond, I knew that I would protect and love my baby with my whole soul. As I walked in the bitter cold, I began to talk to him.

"What should I name you? Hm? Do you have any names in mind? Wait.... How do I feed you? WHAT do I feed you?"

Wait... What do I feed him? I am only 17. I have no family or anyone who could help me. I only have a job that pays very little. What am I supposed to do?

Author's POV

As Namjoon walks home, he begins to realize that he will have to quit school because he will have no time to go to school, work, and take care of a baby. While he walks through Seoul in December with his beautiful son wrapped in his jacket, he knows he will have to set his dreams aside for some time, so he can care for his son to the fullest. 

Namjoon's POV

As I continue to walk, my little baby begins to cry. I am afraid because I do not know why he is crying.

"Are you cold? Are you hungry? Do you want your mom? Do you not like me?"

That's when my biggest fear sets in. What if he grows up to resent me because I took him away? If he went to the orphanage, a family could have adopted him. Would his life have been better if I let them take him to an orphanage? NO. I can not let these fears take hold of me. I will love him with everything I have, and he will know it too. I will not give up on my dreams. I will alter the timeline. I will give him the life he deserves. 

"Little baby, please stop crying. Appa loves you. I will never let anyone hurt you. I will always love you and take care of you. So, please stop crying. I will buy you some food soon. Please stop crying."

I finally make it to a store that would have stuff a baby needs. When I walk in, people begin to stare at me because of his cries. Their stares are terrifying and suffocating.

"Dear, do you need help?" An older woman startles me as she approaches me with a kind smile.

"Yes, please. I do not know what I am supposed to do, and he is crying", I respond with tears in my eyes. My face is frozen from the extreme cold, and I am afraid that something is wrong with him.

She takes him from me to see what is wrong. When she looks at him, she smiles.

"He is so little. Is he a newborn?"

"Yes ma'am. He was born yesterday", I reply nervously because I do not know if she thinks I have stolen him.

"Sweety, he is just hungry. I will show you where the newborn formula is. Follow me." 

She hands him back to me and begins to walk. As she walks, she asks me, "What's his name?"

"I haven't named him yet. His mother gave him to me only a couple of hours ago. She didn't name him either..." my voice trails off as I become sad. My poor little baby was not named by his own mother. No. I won't let these thoughts get to me. He does not need her. I will give him everything, even his name. When I look up, I see she is looking at me with sympathy.

"Don't worry. I was a young, single mother. You can do it. Here is the newborn formula and the diapers. Everything you will need for a newborn is in this section. Good luck. You can do this whole parenting thing! Fighting!!!"

With a smile she walks off. After she has walked off, I look at the prices. They are soooo expensive!!! 

"Breathe. It's ok Namjoon. You can do this. This is all for him. You will never give up."

I grab what I need and head to check out. When the price rings up, I am still surprised, but it's ok. Anything to make him happy. Luckily for me, he has quit crying. When we finally make it home, I instantly feed him as per the instructions. Then, I clumsily change his diaper. When this is all over, I look around the apartment. I will not raise him in something like this. I will work hard so he will not ever have to remember this little place or any hard times. After giving myself the pep talk, I look down and realize he is smiling at me. I didn't even know babies could smile at this age. He begins to coo and cuddle into my hand.

"We will be ok. We will make it. You will never know hard times little one." 

-Photo: The photo is not mine-