🔞 Chapter 50: Meet the Family

Jungkook's POV

The moment the doors open, I am shocked. Taehyung is standing there looking at me. I was told that a very powerful man's son was the designer of the new upgrade for our jets. This powerful man even makes my father nervous. Is Kim Namjoon that powerful man in the shadows? If he is, that means that Tae is the designer.

We all stand and salute out of respect because Kim Namjoon is very high up in the government. I know that from what people say that he can have any one of us disappear with a snap of his fingers. I had no idea Tae's father was this powerful.

"Everyone, this is Kim Taehyung, my son. He has now obtained the same public secrecy as I have due to his working on this software. I expect all of you to listen and treat him with respect despite his age." Kim Namjoon instructs and motions us to all sit.

Once we are all seated, Tae begins to give his presentation. In the middle of his presentation, he addresses me.

"Colonel Jeon Jungkook will be the leading officer of the team which operates and flies these jets and drones. This means that if any of you have any questions throughout the process, you will ask him. This also means that you all will answer to him." He explains and then continues on with his presentation.

By the end, he has gained everyone's respect with his presence and knowledge. It is exciting to know that we will be working together.

Once the meeting is over, Tae and Mr. Kim leave together while the rest of us wait for them to leave. When they are gone, my father approaches me. He is one of the generals who has been working with Mr. Kim.

"Jeon, don't mess this up." He demands and walks off.

For once, I am not afraid of him. I was chosen because of my own abilities and not because of who my father is.

Once my father walks off, I quickly go out to look for Tae. When I find him, he is with his father. I slowly walk over to them to assess the temperature of the situation.

"Jeon Jungkook, or should I say Colonel Jeon Jungkook? Nice to meet you." Mr. Kim says as he smiles and reaches his hand out.

"It's an honor to meet you too, Mr. Kim." I answer while taking his hand and bowing.

"The jewelry you sent to my son were gorgeous, so were the sketches." He compliments, and I feel my face turn red.

I look over to Tae to see that he is smiling at me. He looks so happy.

"I know you two probably already have plans, but eat lunch with us. Tae's Eomma is insisting." Mr. Kim says as he smiles at me.

"Yes, sir." I answer and bow again.

"It's ok, Jungkook. You don't have to keep bowing. I like you. You stick to your promises. You make my son happy." He calms me down and pats my back.

He called me "Jungkook". This alone makes me happy.

"Yes, sir." I answer and smile.

"Your smile is adorable. You look like a bunny." Mr. Kim comments and my cheeks turn beet red.

"Appa! Stop it! Don't turn him into an animal nickname too!" Tae yells and smacks his dad's back.

"What?! It's true!" Mr. Kim laughs.

I feel very relieved with how relaxed and kind Mr. Kim is. When we begin walking to the building's entrance, Tae takes my hand and smiles up at me. His smile is the most beautiful smile in the world. I love it so much. I love him so much.

When we walk out of the building, I see three cars waiting. The first car's door opens, and I see Kim Seokjin sitting in the back waiting for Mr. Kim. Kim Seokjin's smile once he sees his partner is filled with so much love. I watch as the moment Mr. Kim gets in the car, his arm automatically wraps around his partner lovingly.