Chapter 33: Past Friends

Namjoon's POV

It's been a month since we started the semester. The three of us have gotten used to our busy schedule. Being able to eat lunch together everyday is what helps me get through my long day. I am grateful Ken has tried to become my friend, but he talks so much. He is really nice, but being with Jin and Tae recharge me, so I can try to smile at the social butterfly at the end of the day.

Today, when I walk into my first class, I see Ken already sitting and waiting. The moment I sit down, he starts to talk.

"Namjoon, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Soooo, my class during your lunch is canceled. Is it ok if I eat with you?"

"Uhhh, let me ask my boyfriend."

"Ok! Sounds good! Let me know what he says!"

This has me surprised. I did not see this happening today.

"Jin, is it ok if my classmate joins us for lunch?"

"Is it the really talkative one? 🤨🧐"

"yep"

"Sure, that's fine. I kinda wanna meet the person who drives my Joonie nuts. 😂😘💖"

"Haha, very funny. I love you! Good luck with your classes. See you at lunch. "

"Love you too. See ya 😘"

"My boyfriend said he's ok with it."

"Sooooo cool!!! I can't wait to meet him!!!"

"Yeah."

For the rest of the classes, we both focused and took down notes. However, once we started heading to pick up Jin, he talked non-stop. So, I start to run. I usually run anyways. By the time we reach Jin's building, Ken is a few buildings behind me trying to catch up.

Once Jin comes out of the building, he calls out to me. As I turn around, he tackles me in a tight hug.

"How were your classes, Joonie?"

"They were good. How about yours, Angel?"

Before Jin can answer, Ken comes panting up to us.

"Wow! You run really fast!"

"Ken?" The moment Jin says his name I look at him curiously. I never told him Ken's name.

"Kim Seokjin?!"

I watch them as they both stare at each other in shock. While they stare in shock, I stand here beyond confused until Jin starts talking.

"Pease don't tell my father where I am! Please! He can't know!" Jin's voice sounds so desperate as he begs Ken and clings to me.

"Woah, don't worry. I won't. But, I've been worried sick about you. I was worried something horrible happened to you. Your father never explained what happened or where you were."

"That's because I've been hiding from him and living with my boyfriend and son." I hold Jin closer to me as they talk. If I had known that they knew each other, I would have kept my distance from Ken. I know that Jin is terrified of losing us and going back to his old life.

"Ohhh, that makes sense then. So, you're the boyfriend who makes Namjoon smile at his phone and ignore me. I totally get it."

"He does?" Jin asks Ken excitedly.

I feel like slamming that damn chatterbox's head in the ground. 

"Yup, you have this man whipped!"

I watch as Jin's face begins to glow; however, I know he is still not very comfortable with this situation because he is still holding on to me tightly.