Chapter 35: Chim

Namjoon's POV

We are woken up by the sounds of Tae turning the tv on in the living room. He has become so mobile that it's kind of scary. We are both afraid of the things he can do now. So, hearing the tv on, I quickly get dressed and run to the living room.

"Hey Bear! When did you wake up?"

"Uhhhh long time."

"Ohhh why didn't you come wake us up?"

"Wanna watch tv."

"Ok, but you have to ask either Eomma or me."

"Ohhhhh Tae Tae sowy!"

"No, it's ok, Bear. You can watch tv, but let me check your diaper."

As I pick him up, I notice there is no diaper.

"Bear, where's your diaper?"

"Tae Tae big boy! Tae Tae use bafwoom!"

I look at him in horror and run to the bathroom. To my surprise, I see pee in the toilet and not all over the floor.

"Good job, Bear! Did you sit or stand?"

"Sit."

How in the world did he not fall into the toilet?

"Ok, well Appa is going to buy a little seat so that it's easier for you to sit on the toilet. Ok?"

"Otay!"

I smile and put him back in front of the tv. Jin and I try not to have him watch too much tv. We don't want him to be that kid whose parents don't pay enough attention and hand him electronics. But, today is different. I need to take care of Jin.

So, I walk into our room and see that he is trying to get up.

"Baby, what are you doing?" I ask as I quickly rush over to him and catch him.

"Uhhh trying to get to the bathroom. Hehe."

"Oh, ok. Let me take you." I respond as I pick him up and carry him to the bathroom.

When I get him to the restroom, I turn on the bath and put bubbles in. I now know that he likes bubble baths. Once the bath is ready, I gently put him in. I then shower so I can do the usual and wash his hair then strip the bed. I pull him out of the bath once the bed is ready and rinse him off in the shower. 

As I blow dry his hair, Tae walks into the bedroom singing one of the educational songs from the tv. We both begin to laugh and sing along with him. He waddles over to Jin and slowly climbs into his lap.

"Eomma, something bit Appa's lip."

The moment Tae tells him, Jin quickly looks at me and sees the sore on my lip. I watch as horror fills his face as he remembers biting me. I chuckle at the look on his face and gently kiss him on the lips.

"Eomma! Mosquitoes again!"

We both just look at him and laugh. I know that once Jin tries to walk around, Tae will comment on his limp. He is way to observant for a two-year-old.

"Where are Tae's pants? Why isn't he wearing a diaper? Why is he half naked?"

I laugh at all of his questions and answer him

"Tae is ready to be potty trained, so I am going to the store later to buy pull ups and a toddler toilet seat."

"Oh really? Is our Bear ready to potty train?" Jin happily asks Tae while tickling his tummy.

"Y-yes Eomm-ma!" Tae giggles as Jin tickles him.

Our Sunday goes by lazily which is perfect. It's really cute because every time Jin walks around, Tae takes his hand and tries to help. It's adorable. I know that someday, Tae will be old enough to figure out what the mosquito bites are and where the limp comes from. But, for now, he innocently helps his Eomma walk around the apartment.