chapter 28

TW: Suggested suicide, amplified self-harm, manipulation, Sexual assault mention. This chapter may be very very sensitive to some, please don't feel the need to read, I can't stress that enough. Stay strong <3

This chapter also does include speak of what may or may not be "above", as I've used in the story. All I ask from you is for you all to respect it.
——

"George! I missed you." Dream reached out for a hug before George backed up,

"What's wrong, why're you acting so weird?" A look of concern for himself grew, what if he had been with Leo. Only the worst of his thoughts came out from hiding when not needed.

"What do you mean?" He could feel his anxiousness getting to him, he started to feel his palms grow sweaty.

"I saw you come out of some else's dorm, and then you stand in front of the door putting on a fake smile, for what? And now you're acting like this."

"What do you mean? I'm not acting weird, are you okay George? Maybe you need some re-" He couldn't finish before a different tone ruled George,

"Stop it! What the hell is wrong with you, you're obviously hiding something from me." He could feel the tears well up in his eyes.

"Why are you trying to manipulate me right now George? Why would you even doubt me, I thought you actually cared for me."

"Oh, I'm manipulating you?! Look at you right now, your fists are balled up like you're about to hit a wall, obviously something's up if you're so upset about it."

"I don't think you love me, George, after all I've done for you, you decide to treat me like this. Wow." Changing the subject to make himself the victim I see, George thought to himself.

George stayed silent though, afraid every sob he'd been holding in would burst out of him if he let one thing out at that moment.

Tonight he'd clutch his knees while he grabbed fistfuls of his hair, sobbing from exhaustion. He wanted everything to be alright.

Just for once. It's all he asked for. It wasn't too much to ask for, but whatever spirit may or may not be above him would listen to his simple request.

Instead, it watched him fail, lose every worthy aspect he had been clutching onto for these past two months.

He was slowly falling apart. A new piece falling off of his own body every day. Except he couldn't find the super glue to put his life back together.

First, it was home.

Then, the comforting feeling of his friends,

After that, his well-being. The ability to function correctly without having the urge to dangle his feet off of a tall building and eventually let in.

Now, Dream. The man holding onto his last string. Slowly cutting the string with the same razor he'd pull out of his bedside table every night while he grieved in the messy sheets he hadn't bothered to fix for weeks.

Weak. Weak. Weak.

But may only his book know all the details of emotion that George deals with.

"So now you're going to give me pure silence? What'd I even do wrong?!" Dream practically yelled, George stepped back. His eyes widened at the sudden anger that laced his tongue. "Honestly, how could anyone deal with your neediness, you are such a handful!"

He could feel tears starting to form, he could feel his throat start to close up, everything around him mattered solely on the amount of tears he shed from his deep brown eyes.