chapter 13

"Shit," George murmured out loud enough for Sapnap and Karl to stop their business and look for whoever was around.

George immediately ran as soon as they turned, Clay soon after followed. They ran down the stairs trying their hardest not to fall face flat. They didn't know if Karl or Sapnap were searching for them, but they didn't even bother to look back.

As soon as they reached the bottom floor, they sped through all the tables placed around the library floors. They heard screaming behind them to stop running, but they didn't listen. It seemed as they were running away from a serial killer. They ran through the entrance and slowed their pace down.

"Oh my fuck." Clay exclaimed as put his palms on his knees to breathe,

"I certainly wasn't expecting that." George panted,

"Yeah," Clay looked around to be cautious, "we should head back and act as nothing happen."

"Or," George had a better idea, "we could go back in there and spy on them!"

"No, you dumbass." Clay laughed, "We'd get in trouble if we go back in there again, did you not hear the screaming of the librarian behind us?"

"Whatever, it's not that big of a deal!" He flung his arms in the air, "Cmon please, it'll be fun!" He tried to convince Clay with his puppy eyes,

"Fine," Clay finally gave in, "let's go in from the back door though." He grabbed George's wrist while he led him to the back door.

As soon as they got there, they made sure the door shut quietly and ran up the stairs once again.

Once they got up to the original floor and tip-toed to the area where Sapnap and Karl last sat. As they got closer they heard their voices slowly becoming clearer,

"Wouldn't they be cute together though?" George and Clay looked at each other, confused.

"Who are they talking about?" George whispered,

Clay knew, "No clue." His face grew red,

"Why are you blushing." George let out a quiet chuckle,

"I'm not, it's just the lighting." He tried his hardest to just get over the subject,

"You aren't very good at lying," He lightly punched Clay in the shoulder, "anyway, shush!"

Clay obeyed, he was just happy the subject had changed. They got closer to the shelf where Sapnap and Karl were and peaked over the shelf. Now they were cuddled against each other, on their phones.

George thought it was getting boring after a minute so he coughed to add to the boring silence. Sapnap and Karl immediately spread away from each other, not wanting anyone knowing about them.

George walked out, Clay guessed he should follow as well.

"Hi guys," George sat down as if nothing happen "whatcha doing?" Clay sat down beside him,

"Uh, nothing. Why?" Karl seemed paranoid,

"Nothing? We just came to find you guys, is something up?" Clay realized George was a good liar,

"Nevermind," he tried changing the subject, "you guys wanna go get smoothies with me and Sapnap in the cafeteria?"

George shrugged, "Sure, why not," He looked over at Clay "You coming?"

"Mhm." He simply answered. They waited for Sapnap and Karl to pack up their stuff, then set off to leave the library. That's when George realized he had to leave through the back door. He just planned on directing them to the back door by walking in front. He walked up in front, trying to not make it seem awkward.