chapter 7

Vote?

"What's it about?" George was curious, it looked interesting,

"A boy in the 1970s and a boy in 2020, meet through an old telephone. It sounds confusing, but you'll understand once you get started." Clay gave a smile of reassurance,

"Should I be scared?"

"Yes." Clay chuckled.

They checked out the book and started small talk as Clay directed George to their room.

-

"This is our room. We have a roommate, Karl, but I think he's still in class."

"Well, shouldn't you be in class as well?" George asked, "Well, yes, but I'm giving you a tour around."

"Oh, well thanks."

"Mhm, I'll be back. But if a random lady comes in with a box, that means he's here to take your electronics. Be warned." Clay giggled as he closed the room door.

George sighed, he already missed his friends. He loved being away from his family though. He felt free. He just didn't want anyone to know about his mischievous behaviors back home, he thought Clay would think of him less if he knew. He planned on not telling anyone about it either.

He decided to text Sapnap to see if he had landed yet, no answer was returned so he assumed he was still on the plane.

He would text his friends and let them know phones weren't allowed at school. He hoped that they would at least have them on the weekends.

He likes Mr.Boo though, he seemed friendly and a good person to go to. He hoped everyone else acted like Mr.Boo, there was a slight chance of it though.

-
*CLAY POV*
*3rd person pov*

Clay didn't know whether to trust George or not. He hadn't ever had good experiences with boys at school. Maybe George would fuck him over even more than he already was.

He knew something was off about George, the boy hadn't said much about himself or anything about his life back home. George was off, and Clay didn't know how to deal with it.

He felt as if George was a major fuck boy, at least that's what most of the boys coming here were like. He didn't know if he should trust George, he was scared for how it would end out.

Clay already had trust issues, and he was scared George would make them worse.

He decided to keep his distance from George, it would be for the better.

-
*CLAY POV OVER*

George had already grown an attachment to Clay. It was weird because normally George could drop anyone in a heartbeat.

This would be harder than usual. He couldn't seduce the man, he could only try and be flirtatious, anything else was probably prohibited.

He distracted himself by looking at the paper he'd still held since Mr.Boo handed it to him.

Displayed on the paper were uniform options. There were many but George decided to go with two, as Mr.Boo suggested. He picked the plaid brown pants with a tucked-in button-up, and a navy blue blazer and the other option was a brown skirt, button up, the same navy blazer, brown shoes, and a tie color of choice.

He would just wait for Clay to get back to bring him back to Mr.Boo.

-

Clay opened the door to be greeted with George smiling face, this is gonna be hard.

"Could you bring me to Mr.Boo, I've-," George was cut off by Clay,

"Okay." George noticed how lifeless he sounded. He wondered what happen in the span of twenty minutes to completely ruin his mood.

Clay leads George to Mr.Boo, George was curious as to why Clays mood suddenly became so bittersweet,

"Uh, are you okay, " George broke the silence "You seem off since your little walk or whatever."

"Yeah," Once again, his voice was lifeless, "I'm fine." George knew he was lying so he asked again, "Are you sure, you seemed happy thirty minutes ago."

"God damnit George, I'm fine. Stop asking, it's annoying." Oops. But he didn't take it back, he wanted to forget about George, already.

"Oh," George responded. He didn't expect that response, nor did he want to tolerate it. He snapped back at Clay, "I think I can find my way from here. Thanks anyway." He looked up at Clay with a judgmental smile and walked off.

Clay didn't know how to react, he didn't think the boy would be so sassy. He tried to brush it off and went to his room.

George continued to walk with rage. He didn't let others treat him like shit, and he sure as hell wasn't going to let Clay tell him he was annoying. George already had a whole plan figured out to make Clay regret being a dick to him. Even if it was a one-time thing, it wouldn't let it happen again.

He figured his way to Mr. Boo's room and knocked on the large wooden doors.

"Come in." A voice came from inside the room. George pushed open the door and walked in,

"Welcome back George, anything I can help you with?"

"Uh yeah, I've decided on my uniforms." He gave a fake smile. "Great! Which ones?" George pointed to the two and Mr.Boo went to go get the uniforms. Mr. Boos's office was very rustic-themed, very simple. He had a picture of what seemed to be his son on his desk and a pencil holder, nothing too interesting.

"Alright, here they are! If you need anything else, you know where my office is." Mr.Boo was probably George's favorite person as of right now, "Thank you Mr.Boo!" He pushed open his office doors and proceeded to walk back to his dorms.

George remembered his acquaintance with the flight attendant and figured he would give him a go. He took out his phone before it got taken away, and the slip of paper with the man's Snapchat written on it. He added him and put his phone away.

Once he reached the dorm room again, Clay was sat on his bed, reading a book. He acted like George was invisible, which George would also do to Clay.

He sat down and decided he would organize his part of the room. He sat on the floor and opened up his first suitcase. It was filled to the brim with clothes that he probably wouldn't end up needing. He organized it all in his cabinet next to his bed anyway. He did the same with the other suitcase.

That passed the time by a lot and it had been only been about two hours till Sapnap would land. He was excited for Sapnap to land, he would have someone to talk to, he would have someone to talk to if Clay hadn't suddenly decided to be an asshole.

George noticed the time and how students were still in school. He was confused onto why school was still going on. Hopefully, the school wasn't that long. He wanted to ask Clay, but he couldn't, he wouldn't. He would just wait till his other roommates came back and hopefully they were nice.

————————
small a/n

hihi so I'm gonna end the chapter here so the book will be longer, but I'm gonna continue to write in an hour or so, so I won't write a big a/n right now! I'm sorry!