chapter 26

He threw the backpack over his shoulder, lugging it behind him, trying his hardest not to just randomly drop all his belongings and break down.

Not for any reason, he felt alright right now, but he just had the specific craving to cry and let everything out. Maybe he would later.

He was mostly excited for band, he could block out everyone's voices with the loud strums of his guitar, or the loud thuds he'd create with his drums or even the loud piano keys he'd press down with his thin lanky fingers.

Often he'd paint his fingers while looking out the window, romanticizing everything he'd do to make his life better, in his head at least. Romanticizing every aspect of his life brought him joy like no other.

Once he had finished wondering if he should break down right then and there, he caught up to Dream,

"You alright?" asked Dream.

George just nodded, and Dream sighed.

"Okay, well I'm here for you," he reassured like always. George nodded and smiled this time.

Dream held up his hand to George's waist level, asking to link fingers, George agreed with no hesitation. Linking their finger without any thought.

They had almost reached the cafeteria for breakfast before they recognized a tall raven-haired boy walking towards the two of them, with the most devious smirk laying on his face.

Ugh.

Was George's immediate reaction. Only in his head though. He didn't want to cause a scene and make Dream upset.

But Leo managed to make George upset. He walked right in between them, making them separate. He wanted so bad to knock the raven-haired boy and proceed to spit on him. But Dream quickly connected them once again and held his hand tighter.

A smile grew on his face, maybe Dream really did care for him after all. Maybe he was just overthinking every single characteristic of his life.

"You alright?" Dream broke George's trail of thought, George nodded in response while looking into his breathtaking eyes.

Oh, how he could stare into those eyes of his until death tore them apart.

Leo scoffed behind them, and George felt a massive wave of relief, there was nothing Leo could do to mess up their..whatever it was they had. There was absolutely nothing.

Except was there?

———————————

It was last period and George was on his way to band. It had been a good day so far. He paid extra attention to his studies hence not having to worry about Dream leaving him.

He pushed through the repetitive tall wooden doors. Everything looked normal until he started looking for Dream; he wasn't there.

There was just one detail he was missing though, luckily he didn't pay attention to it. Or else everything would be filled with worry once again.

Instead of worrying about it, we sat with Sapnap and Karl,

"Hey, George, how's your day been?" Karl asked, he's always checked in on George ever since he noticed George getting quieter.

"I'm good, thank you for asking," he really did appreciate how Karl always checked up on him, "How are you?"

"I'm good!" George smiled and nodded in response.

George looked over to Sapnap, who was looking straight ahead, he looked tired. He hated to admit it, but Sapnap and him had been drifting apart.

But he only had himself to blame.

He hadn't been talking to him as much. He'd only been talking to Dream, it's like he depended on him for his happiness. Depended on him for his whole social life.

He veered in his seat uncomfortably and stopped himself from looking at Sapnap too long. Now he just had to wait till Dream finally arrived.

Luckily, it only took another minute for him to arrive, alone, thankfully. He waved to George, sitting down next to him not long after.

"Hey, how was your day today?" he set his hand on top of George's,

"It was good, and even better now!" he smiled warmly,

"Whys that?" Dream giggled,

"Take a wild guess," he exaggerated. Before Dream could respond, Mr.Slimecicle spoke up indicating it was time for class to start.

"Good afternoon class, I hope everyone's day has been fine and dandy! Now we have a huge concert, I could say, coming up in a month that I wanted to warn you all about!" He looked around the room, not particularly at anyone.

He started back up, "You will be all performing in front of the school, parents, and..important people..not sure what they're called," he scratched the back of his neck, the class laughed, "Basically, you'll be either making music of your own or making a cover of someone else's music. But there's a catch, you have to interpret your instrument if that wasn't obvious already," everything around him went silent, at least in his mind it did.

He had always dreamt of making music, he had tried in the past but always lost the motivation to continue. Just the thought of writing down your own emotions and people being able to relate made him relax, made him feel not alone (you're never alone<3).

But mainly the thought of writing down his own emotions and putting them to use made him ecstatic. Oh, he knew exactly what he would do!

He smiled to himself, hoping no one around was watching and thinking he was insane. Because with that smile he was wearing, he would've assumed they were crazy as well.

He would write in his diary about it today, a list of the people he would make an individual song for. He hoped he could make more than one song. The first thing he would do once band was over was run to his dorm and back down to his favorite tree.

He snapped back into reality so he wouldn't miss any other important detail,

"...You'll work on this until the end of the year, consider it a senior finale. Six months should be plenty of time to create one or more songs."

George was ecstatic, more than ecstatic.

—————

i'm alive:'D

god this took way way way longer than expected and I apologize a million times): this chapter is probably my least favorite, i just wanted to get something out because it's been far to long without a chapter soooo here's what you get😭 but hold onto the writing song plot, it'll be a big factor in the book;)

anyways, thank you guys for always being so so so patient with me and my motivation issues, i could never ask for better readers:) i can proudly say i have the best readers B) but i really do mean it<3 always always always know you're loved by many, including me!! my dm's are open aswell so if you're ever feeling down, you aren't alone, i'm here for you:D you can do this, i'm proud of you!!!

have an amazing rest of your day/night love!<3