chapter 17

George's eyes slowly opened to the sight of Clay's face, he was shaking him awake.

"Hey," he whispered, attempting to not startle George, "it's almost two in the afternoon, wake up!"

George rubbed his eyes as he rose from his sleeping position, "Morning," he muttered,

"Good afternoon," Sapnap called from across the room, to which Karl and Clay giggled,

"Oh fuck off,"

"Why were you up so late anyway?" Karl questioned,

"How do you know if I was even up late," George snapped sarcastically, "maybe I just like to sleep."

"I know for a fact that's not the reason you're just now waking up, but the reason for your late awaking is staying up late."

George wasn't in the mood to argue, so he excepted defeat, "Yeah whatever, I stayed up, so what!"

"What we're you doing awake?" Sapnap raised an eyebrow,

"I just couldn't sleep, should I have wakened you from your bear slumber?"

Sapnap believed him, "No, and if you do you won't be able to have another slumber." Everyone in the room laughed,

"Yeah yeah, whatever." He finally got up from bed, swinging his legs across the bed to dangle off. As he got up to stretch he realized Clay glancing at him,

"Hello?" He waved a hand in front of Clay,

"Hm?" Clay replied startled,

"Why are you staring?" George laughed,

"Because he likes you, obviously!" Sapnap called once again from across the room, "You're so blinded."

George replied without thinking again, "No we're just friends!" He immediately regretted it after.

'just friends' Clay repeated in his head. He never wanted to admit his feelings for George, but he knew he liked him.

Everyone in the room fell silent, Karl and Sapnap saw right through Clay, but they refrained from saying anything.

"Why'd we all go silent?" George tried to act clueless,

"Not sure." Karl finally spoke. George just shrugged it off and went back onto his phone. As he sat in silence he remembered last night. His mood immediately changed, his social battery had run out. He still felt disgusting, but he wasn't gonna bring it up, afraid it would ruin everyone else time.

Instead, he texted his best friends back home in an attempt to forget about it. It was around two in the afternoon in NH already meaning they'd probably be having dinner by now.

He texted the group chat,

'hey I'm sorry I haven't had the time to text u guys):' He typed before turning off his phone. He would soon get his phone taken away once again so he would dedicate today to trying to message them as much as he could.

The phone soon enough shook, Niki had texted back. He opened up the group chat,

'OMG HI GEORGEE!! how's the good old us?? also no need to apologize <33 we miss you):' His lips formed into a soft smile, Clay seemed to notice and asked,

"Why are you smiling so much?"

"What, am I not allowed to smile."