chapter 9

After supper, they went back to their room. Nothing interesting happened, except for Clay occasionally sneaking a glance at George. George would catch him in the act and stare at him back to make the blonde uncomfortable, he would soon look away after.

Besides that, it was George's first night in the boarding school. He usually had no problem sleeping, probably because he was tired from his late-night shenanigans. But he couldn't get drunk then sleep with a random boy here. Well, he could, but he didn't want that title here. He was already embarrassed by his actions back "home".

He tossed and turned in his bed, but nothing seemed to work out. Everyone eventually fell asleep, leaving him alone in the dark. He checked the clock and realized it was around twelve in the morning.

He was tired but was homesick. Not homesick of his family or town, just his friends. He was glad he had Sapnap though.

He looked around the room for something to help him fall asleep. He laid his eyes on the book Clay gave him. He was interested in the book, just not interested in the person that chose the book for him.

He eventually gave in and made a plan to not let Clay see him reading it. He flipped around before finally starting,

'Page 1' is stated at the bottom of the page. His eyes moved along the words, growing interest in the book every second. He became more and more tired as he kept going.

His eyes would slightly shut, then open up again, until his eyes fell shut for the last time that night.

George woke up to someone shaking him awake.

"Get up dude," The man was significantly taller than him, but he couldn't quite figure out who it was as his eyes hadn't adjusted to the light yet,

"Dude seriously we have ten minutes till we need to be in class," Clay looked down and noticed the book on George's blanket, "I see you started reading the book?" Clay smirked victoriously.

That's when George realized who it was, "Why the fuck did the twat have to wake me up." George scratched his head as he got up from his sleeping position,

"Says you, get up." Clay left the boy to get ready. George didn't usually care about being late but he did now.

He quickly rushed and put on his pants, white button-up, a navy blue blazer and tie, and uniform shoes. He checked the clock and realized he would be running late soon, so he quickly brushed his teeth, ruffled his hair to make it look presentable, threw his backpack over his shoulder, and ran out the cafeteria where he guessed everyone would be waiting.

He guessed correctly and found all his friends, plus Clay, and sat down.

"Look who finally decided to show up." George guessed Clay loved making fun of people because he sure as hell made fun of George a lot.

"The bells gonna ring any minute now," Karl said, "Do you know where you're going first period?" George looked down at his schedule, "First period, coding class," George copied off his paper out loud, "Wheres that?"

Karl looked at Clay, "Don't you have that first period?", "Sadly." Clay looked down looking annoyed, "Okay, great! You can take George!"

Now it was George's turn to mock Clay, "Are you gonna call me annoying again? If so I'd be glad to find it myself!"

Clay rolled his eyes as the bell rang. Everyone got up, said their goodbyes, and walked to first period. George followed behind Clay without exchanging one word with each other.