"Cheng thank you for the ride," Zhan mutters when he passes by Zhuocheng who's watching them. Zhuocheng sighed, grabbing his shoulder, "Call me when you need anything," he whispered which Zhan answers with a nod.

.

The whole journey to Zhan's house was awkward, Sean keeps talking and telling his day to the two, giggling and telling them enthusiastically about what he learned in class while the two? They just listened, nodding when the kid asks for their reaction.

"Uncle cook dinner again!" Sean giggles upon jumping down from Yibo's arm when they arrived inside the house. 

Yibo looked at the omega trying to ask if it's alright. 

The omega just nodded in response as he sluggishly went to the bedroom to change his clothes. Yibo just watch him until he disappeared out of his sight. 

"Uncle I want to help!" the kid cheered which immediately got Yibo's attention. The alpha chuckles, "sure!"

While they were busy maneuvering in the kitchen Zhan went out of the bedroom, holding Sean's clothes. "Sean, baby, come here. You need to change your clo---" 

Yibo and Sean immediately turn their eyes upon hearing the loud thud. Two pairs of identical surprised eyes turn his way only to see the omega lying on the floor, breathing heavily. 

"Mommy!" the kid shouted, stooping down from the chair to his mother's rescue. Yibo did the same thing.

"Zhan, you okay?" He asks, worried sick as he cradles the omega into his arms. 

"Mommy is sick?" Sean looked up at Yibo which Yibo answered with a faint smile. 

Now that Yibo's looking closely, the omega is red all over, his lips are kind of pale and his skin are hot. "Mommy has fever, baby," he replies to the kid. 

The kid looked at him worriedly, pouting, "Is mommy alright?" he asks.

Yibo nods with a smile, ruffling the kid's head, "He will be alright," he assures. Then he stood up, carrying Zhan in his arms and bringing him to the bedroom while Sean follows.

"Now, you need to do what uncle says okay? so mommy can heal fast," he said to the kid. The kid nodded with determination in his eyes. 

Yibo smiles fondly at the kid, "Now, you need to sleep separately with mommy for tonight so Sean will not get mommy's sickness. I will take care of mommy, for you. Hm?" he said to the kid. 

the kid nodded vigorously as he went out of the bedroom. 

.

Yibo then tucked him on the bed, leaving him for a while to get medicine and water, also a basin of water with a towel. 

He didn't spend too long to find medicine at Zhan's drawers, he came back with a tray of simple-cooked food and the medicine and basin. Before that, he let the kid eat first then came back to the bedroom.

He tends to him, cleaning his arms and such. "Can you sit for me? You need to eat and drink your medicine," he utters. 

The omega slightly opened his eyes, looked at the alpha mindlessly. Zhan has been eaten up by his cold that he let his body move on its own. He sat up sluggishly and the alpha help him. 

"Feed me..." he softly mutters which made the alpha's cheeks turn red. 'Why the fuck he looks cute when he's sick???' he said inside his head, stopping himself from getting carried away by the omega's behavior. 

He did feed him tho, after feeding him he gave him the medicine and laid him back down, then put the towel on his forehead. 

"Now, rest first," Yibo says, fixing the used utensils and everything he brought inside the bedroom.

"Hm... Why did you show yourself out of nowhere?" the omega suddenly mumbles, leaving the alpha eyes wide, stopping what he is doing, he's surprised at the omega suddenly grumbling. 

"I am trying my best here to forget you, why did you show yourself?" A tear fell from the omega's closed eyes. 

Yibo looked at the omega, 'he must be mumbling out of his mind because of the cold'

"I fucking hate you, you know that?" he grumbles, brows furrowed. 

"I fucking hate you for being an asshole!" he cried, "We're finally happy without you and you just suddenly show yourself! Asshole!" 

Yibo let out a sad smile as he sat beside the bed, looking down at the omega who's talking mindlessly. "I know, I'm sorry," he utters, though he knows the omega won't hear him, he knows that the omega won't hear his petty sorry when he's having a cold. 

"Fuck you Wang Yibo for appearing in my life again!" he shouted, tears brimming in his eyes and gradually falling.

"I know... I'm an asshole for letting you go... and for hurting you..." Yibo mutters, lowering his head as the words prick in his heart. Any moment his tears might fall as well. 

"J-just... let me show my sincerity, I'll prove to you that I really want you back... j-just let me..." he clenched his fist, the tears that he is keeping fell eventually. "... and if-if I haven't proven myself well enough..." he paused, swallowing his pride and everything, "...I'll leave you as you wanted..." he smiled bitterly, tears falling from his eyes. 

"Ah, what am I doing? Talking to a sick person?" he mumbles, chuckling to himself at how silly he might have looked. He was about to stand when a hand grabbed his wrist. 

"Don't go..." 

Yibo's heart skipped a beat, the look he's giving the omega softens. Ah, he's fallen in love all over again. 

"Don't go... stay beside me, don't push me away..." it's the unsaid words he was not able to vocalize when the time they broke up. 

Yibo bit his lower lip, his tears flowing again. Settling down on the chair as he grabs Zhan's hand, cupping them between his palms. "...I'm here... I won't.." he assures, sobbing at what he is hearing. He wish Zhan is sober while telling him those words, but he knew he's telling them because his unconscious.

"...I still love you... I hate you to the deepest part of me, but I love you all the same..." an unconscious, mindless, confession leaving Zhan's lips. 

And fuck, it elevates Yibo's hope. In this second time around, he'll do everything for the omega, for his omega, and their son.

----

A/N: Lemme breath hahaha that feels so intense for me. lol