WATO 6

The bus arrived in Beijing at the venue of the contest. It the suppose to be a six-hour drive that became longer because of their stopovers on the travel. Well, in any case, they arrived before it gets dark. 

"Okay, everyone, A little reminder before you leave the bus and check the venue. Make sure to come back on the bus around five so we can proceed to our lodging and have our dinner. If possible, go by partner to avoid getting lost, and if you get lost, call either me or professor Liu. Don't put your phone into silent mode so we can call you also. Put them in your pocket, alright?" Zhan reminded the students as they listen and nodded at him. "And don't wander off farther than the theatre's premises, understood?" he added. 

"yes, professor Xiao!" they answered, excited to leave the cramped bus to ease their stiff butts from the long ride.

"Well then, have fun," Zhan finishes. The students stood immediately after the cue, holding their small bags. Zhan sat back in his chair to give them way. While the students were busy running out of the bus, he rummage on his bag, looking for his face mask and eyeglasses for precaution from someone who might recognize him. Then wear them on. 

Zhuocheng glanced at him, noticing the eyeglass Zhan wears only when he's reading or doing school-related works, and the facemask he's wearing, "Why the facemask?" he asks. 

Zhan raised his eyebrows, "Oh this? I'm not used to the air in Beijing," he lied.

"And the eyeglass?" Zhuocheng raised an eyebrow, suspicious of him.

"I slept late last night because of thinking too much about Sean, I don't feel confident flaunting my eyebags," he answered. It was not entirely a lie tho, he really stayed up late because of his son, but well that's another reason to hide his eyes behind his anti-radiation glasses. 

Zhuocheng chuckles at him, "Your bags are not that big tho?"

"Well, I'm conscious of it," he answered back. Closing his bag and slinging them on his shoulder. "Let's go, we need to check the venue too," he says. 

Zhuocheng just shook his head, "yes yes," he answers, standing on his feet as he grabbed his own sling bag, followed Zhan as they leave the bus. 

Once they stoop down the bus, the clicking of cameras was heard not far away from where they are standing caught their attention. There are also some people surrounding that something. 

"It must be the celebrity judge Principal was talking about," Zhuocheng mutters.

Zhan nods, "maybe," he answers then averts his gaze, "Let's go. We'll be able to see them tomorrow anyway," he says, marching inside the theatre, Zhuocheng followed suit. 

.

"Please everyone, step aside. We know you wanted to get actress Zhao's pictures but we ask for you to give her some space in the meantime. She came here to become a judge for the inter-university contest, and we want the program to become peaceful for the sake of the management, thank you," LiYing's manager spoke as her guards ward off the people surrounding the actress, giving her enough space. 

Gladly, the people understood immediately. Some may take pictures of her from a distance but it was enough to give her space. 

LiYing sighed in relief after being sandwiched among the people, "That's taken care of," she mutters. "Anyway, I want to check the venue!" she excited squeals that her bodyguards and manager can only hear. 

"You will be able to see the theatre tomorrow anyway, why did you insist to go now?" her manager facepalmed. She already had a hard time scolding her from her free spirit side, and her stubbornness is one of them. 

"But I want to check it beforehand you know~" she pouted, shoulders slouching. 

Her manager squinted her eyes, 'here she goes again,' she says inside her head, sighing in defeat. Well, she can't do anything but agree to her wishes. "Fine, but we'll not take long. We should head out to our hotel later," she says. 

LiYing's eyes gleam, "Okay~," she said happily, making her way inside the theatre. 

.

The theatre is massive. Two large columns taking their inspiration from renaissance architecture are standing at both sides of the stage. Carves of faces of famous playwrights like William Shakespeare, local and international were scattered in the massive room. It was full of arts that surely will make every art lover would like. 

"Wow, this place looks beautiful," Zhuocheng utters, wandering his around. 

Zhan nods, "yes it is. The stage is wide too," he answers. Well, he knew this place already, when he's still on his career, he performed in this massive room countless times already. It's just some small details change after leaving his career for years, but overall, nothing much change. It's quite nostalgic, stepping in his old game station, where his talent was honed to perfectness. It's nostalgic but he prefers sitting on one of the seats watching the people he was able to sharpen into their best of their talent, instead of standing on the stage and being watched. 

"I'm excited to watch our students and win the trophy," he added, earning a prideful look from Zhuocheng. 

"You bet," Zhuocheng remarks, smirking as he looks back at the stage. 

.

"The stage looks wide!" LiYing remarked upon entering the theatre from backstage. 

her manager nods, "It is. You just came back from States so you have not performed at this stage yet," she answers. "Want me to accept offers like performing a stage play when someone invites?" 

LiYing's eyes gleamed and nodded, "yes please." 

"Okay."

"By the way, there's not much people around. I'll just walk by myself, you can enjoy your time as well," she says, running on her own, leaving her manager and bodyguards, jaw dropped. They were caught off guard and were not able to catch up with her as she leave them. Her manager facepalmed, well, it's not bad having her wander off the theatre like she said there are not much people around. 

As LiYing travel her eyes around, enjoying the beautiful arts scattered in the massive room, her eyes stopped at a beautiful art. Her heart skipped a beat at how enthralling it is. It's as if the world doesn't matter anymore and focuses only on the art. Her lips formed a wide smile, not leaving her eyes from the art she had never seen before. 

"Beautiful," she mutters under her breath. Followed the beautiful art with her eyes until the art left the theatre. Then she came back to her senses, but then, the art stayed in her mind. Until they went back to the hotel next to the theatre, the image of the beautiful art never left her mind. 

-----

A/N: no YiZhan interactions for a while cause, father and son need their time together first. lol hahahha

What are the Odds? (YiZhan FF) || Omegaverse AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें