Chapter 20

~Jace's P.O.V~

   I held Ci-Ci for what felt like ages. But its not like I was complaining. I mean she just lost a her baby. Finally Ci-Ci pulled away from me slightly. 

   "Jace we have to get her back." She had tear stained cheeks so I wiped them away. 

   "And we will. Don't worry a know a guy... or a couple don't worry." I nod my head reassuring myself. Ci-Ci nods her head looking like she believed me. 

   "Okay fine... I'm going to ... uh go to the washroom." Ci-Ci pulls away from me and walks to the washroom. I watch her leave with sad eyes. I take deep breaths reminding myself to stay calm. Ci-Ci needs me right now. It's not time for me to break down, freak out and-- 

   My thought were cut off by a sob emitted from the washroom. I shake my head clearing it of all thoughts and walk towards the washroom. I try to turn the door knob but it's locked. 

   "Lia?" I ask knocking on the door. 

   "Yes?" Her voice comes from behind the door muffled. 

   "Let me in." I say trying to open the door. 

   "Why?" Ci-Ci's voice comes out weak. I sigh and walk towards the kitchen. I grab a spoon then walk back to the washroom. If she wants to do this the hard way then we'll do it the hard way. I use the end of the spoon to turn the lock. I turn the knob again this time the door opens. I push open the door and see something no person want to see someone they love doing. 

   "Lia!" I say sharply. Ci-Ci jumps and drops the razor in her hand. Her back is turned toward me so I can't see her face. "Lia...why?" I ask dropping the spoon causing it to clatter against the ground. That's the only sound for a while until finally she speaks again. 

   "I just want our baby back Jace." C-Ci says covering her mouth with her hand trying to mute her sobs. I hold her tight against my body rocking her side to side. 

"I know babe I know but this isn't the answer." I look down at her wrist where blood continues to flow down and onto the bathroom tiles. I hold her closer trying not to think about Ci-Ci's blood on the floor. I feel Ci-Ci slowly begin to sink to the ground so I go with her until I'm sitting on the ground with her in my lap. 

"We have to get her back! This isn't fair! I want my baby back!" Ci-Ci sobs louder. I blink back tears that begin to form. I have to stay strong for Ci-Ci. She needs me now more than ever. 

"It's going to be okay. We'll get her back. I promise."

   Ci-Ci shakes her head.  "You can't promise that Jace." I sigh and  shake my head. How can I make her believe me? an idea pops into my head and I just go with it. I begin to sing.

 (music at the side)

Ohh ohh...

When the visions around you,

Bring tears to your eyes

And all that surround you,

Are secrets and lies

I'll be your strength,

I'll give you hope,

Keeping your faith when it's gone

The one you should call,

Was standing here all along..

And I will take

You in my arms

And hold you right where you belong

Till the day my life is through