Chapter 47

"Are you ready?" "I think so," "Faith I can't believe your graduating," "really dad?"

We pulled up into the school parking lot and I opened the car mirror and smoothed down my hair putting on another layer of lipgloss, "Faith I really am proud of you, beyond proud. I wish your mom could see you."

I turned to look at him and put my hand over his smiling at my dad, "she is dad, she is."

"So you're leaving tonight?" He asked as I slipped on my heels doing up the small thin straps, I got out of the car and took my father's arm as we made it into the hall where the students were supposed to get their grad gowns.

I cannot believe I pulled through, I got my grades up, I shut my mouth and listened to the teachers. I did it.

"All graduates please come to collect your gowns and parents please make your way to the gym," said one of the teachers who was organizing the graduation, I saw Vi and Beca in line and I caught their vision and nodded my head saying hello, "Faith I love you and make sure you don't trip when you're up there."

"Love you too dad," making my way up to Vi and Beca I looked around but did not see any of the guys here yet, figures they were always late, even to their own graduation.

"I am so excited to be done with high school," I put my arms through the black gown and ran my hands through my hair, "me too, just wait until we are all going to be roommates, it is going to be the best."

Beca kept talking as I looked away with a small smile wishing nothing more to stop lying and tell them everything. I only wished telling the truth would cause no harm, I wished I could be their roommate and go to university with them without consequence.

This wasn't fair, to me, to my dad, and to all of my friends.

"Hey darling," I felt two hands grip onto my waist and turn me around so I was facing the devil, "Hey hotshot, you're late."

Rolling his eyes Seb thanked TJ as he handed Seb his grad gown, I looked at his plain black button down shirt and quickly did up one more button before he slipped on the gown hiding his muscles from my view.

I reached into my pocket and handed him the pack of airheads with a small kiss on his lips, "I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you," we were ushered into the student hallway as everyone waited in line so we could walk into the gym, my feet were starting to hurt from the heels and all of the standing we were doing.

"Lean on me," I looked over at Seb and he wrapped an arm around me and moved me so I was leaning all of my weight on him taking the pain away from my feet in the heels.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and looked at Vi and Alex and she started to argue with him because he kept hitting her with the extra fabric on his gown, I turned my head and laughed into Seb's shoulder and he rested his head on top of mine sighing into my hair.

The line began to move and I groaned standing upright, "let's do this,"

Alex brought his hand into the air and we all put our hands together then we chanted up to three, we clapped our hands together laughing as we got yelled at by one of the teachers because we were holding up the line.

Seb walked behind me and took his hand in mine running his thumb up and down calming my racing nerves.

I looked behind me and turned around quickly fixing his hair and wiping one of my strands of hair off of his gown.

"To the rest of our lives," TJ said before we all side by side walked into the gym making our way up to the student seats, "to the rest of our lives." We all repeated, with smiles and laughter filling all of us.