Chapter 45

My body was in pain and my brain hurt.

Last night was the worst night of my life and the worst part about it is that I can't tell anyone.

After Jax and I finished talking or whatever you would call that I left him in the alley yelling out to me, he won't budge on letting me stay so I'm screwed, to say the least. I was out of options and I hated it.

I've never felt so hopeless and weak, I hated it, I hated myself for doing this.

My time was running out with him and I was so done with my life, I wasn't spending it how I wanted to. I was at a crossroad with everything and it was deeply pulling me under.

Everything the teacher seemed to talk about flew over my head as my mind wandered to the events of last night and. I was so worried about seeing Sebastian after I bailed on his fight I didn't know how he was going to react.

It's not like I wanted not to go but something came up, something I could never tell him.

After math class was over the teacher asked me to stay back so I could retake one of the quizzes that I failed so badly not one question was right, but the worst part was that I had actually tried on the quiz, and I thought I did ok.

I really wasn't good enough.

"Thanks for giving me a second chance," I handed the sheet of paper back and picked up my bag, "Faith you have the right steps but you're just missing the right equations," "I don't know what that means," I spoke curtly hating myself more every moment.

"It means Faith your smart you just don't believe in yourself, you got every single question right but you second guessed yourself and put down another answer that was incorrect."

Her words meant something to me and it made me smile a little, "thanks."

I walked out of my last class of the day and met up with Vi and Beca trying to stay clear of Seb. "Faith how did the quiz go?"

I shut my locker door with a thud and turned around to see Sebastian and TJ walking up to us, I felt my heartbeat increase and I looked away from his glare and started a conversation with Beca, "it went ok, what are we doing this weekend?"

Vi tuned into our conversation and I ushered us out of the hallway making sure we missed Seb who was still walking in our direction. "Faith wait for Sebastian, there coming out with us," "right." I sighed knowing I was going to lose this unspoken fight with Sebastian.

"I need to talk to you."

He came up behind me and put his hands on my hips tightening his grip as he turned me around to face him, Seb had a glare on his face and his eyes were dark as he looked at me with a small frown on his lips.

"I have to get to class," I blurted out feeling all too affected by his presence surrounding me, "bet your ass you do look at the fucking time."

I opened my mouth but Violet shook her head and held up her phone for me to see the time, it was the end of the day. Fuck my life.

"Well I have to go home," he shook his head and smirked lightly licking his lips as his gaze met mine once again, everyone around us left the halls making me shrink back into the wall as he pushed us closer together,

"I'm driving you home," "no your not."

I was scared of how he was going to react and it was making me blurt out random things and think irrationally.

"It messed me up when I didn't see you there."

My heart broke a little at how hurt his words came out but I also was a little annoyed at how he was mad at me for something he didn't even know, not that he would because I would never tell him.