Chapter 44

The feeling of loss.

I am all too familiar with this feeling, I have been consumed by it, it has taken control over me playing me like a puppet.

But when I met him the feeling faded away a little, I thought the bad times were over whenever I was around him, he helped the feeling go away.

But today nothing could make that feeling go away, my mama left this world one year ago, she took her last breath leaving me alone.

I woke up with a heavy feeling in my chest almost like my body knew what day it was before my mind could wrap around it.

I wanted to skip school but I was already failing my classes and I couldn't afford to miss anymore. I had to graduate or else I don't know what I would do.

I walked downstairs, the house felt dark and alone with the feeling of grief floating in the air, I hadn't told Sebastian about today because he had a fight tonight and I didn't want him to miss it so he could stay with me and I also haven't even told Vi or Beca about my mom's death at all so I guess the worst friend of the year award goes to me.

"Hey, dad." "Hey, Faith." My father looked terrible as he sat down at the counter holding his cup of coffee and just staring out the window at the bright sky, "I have to get to school but I'll be home after lunch," "Faith don't worry about me," I nodded my head and left the conversation open in the air.

"Faith come here for a second," I walked back into the kitchen packing my school bag. 

"I just want you to know that your mom loved you more than anything, she's still here Faith, can't you feel it?"

 I smiled at my dad and nodded my head walking over to him letting him wrap his arms around me giving me a fatherly hug.

"I love you, Dad," "I love you to baby, and so does she, so much." 

Tears were in his eyes as we pulled back and I gave him one more smile before leaving the house going to school.

"Faith," I looked to where the sound was coming from and saw Vi and Beca walking up to my locker, Beca had two cups of coffee in her hands and as they got closer she handed the extra one to me with a smile, I thanked her and sighed resting my back against the locker. 

Today was going to be hard and I haven't even gotten to my first class.

"Faith Walker please head to the principles office," I raised my eyebrows at the PA system and shrugged my shoulders at Vi and Beca handing Vi my coffee, "I'll meet you guys in class," "I wonder what that's about," "who fucking knows."

I made my way down the hall heading to the principles office with a hard glare on my face, "Fay," the glare faded as I heard the voice and I moved my body feeling a smile already make its way onto my face, "Seb I have to go to the office," he nodded pulling me closer to him.

 "I heard but I wanted to say good morning, and that I missed you last night." He placed a chaste kiss on my lips and pulled back smiling.

 "Love me?" He asked with a full smile.

 "Love you," I said back and reluctantly walked down to the office.

"Miss Walker it is so nice to see you again," I gave a tight lipped smile to the receptionist who called me over, "just head into the office, the principal is waiting dear." "Thanks."

 I moved my feet one after the other contemplating if I could bolt out of the office but just as I was about to turn around the office door opened and I was ushered in, taking a seat I looked up at the principal seeing a disappointed face already looking back at me.