Special chapter: Ladies of the Coral Sea

Lexington's POV

It's already morning I just woke up from my sleep, I was walking around when a voice called to me.

???: "Lexington good morning." I look to my back to see Shokaku there.

Lexington: "Good morning Shokaku, why are you by yourself?"

Shokaku: "Well Zuikaku told me she had plans for the day, what about you?"

Lexington: "My little sis is out on an expedition." Just then I remembered that I had not eaten breakfast.

Shokaku: "If you don't mind let's have breakfast together."

Lexington: "I don't mind that idea." We went to have it in her room. "Umm, why are we here?"

Shokaku: "Well I want to try cooking with you."

Lexington: "Sure I don't mind doing it."

We got to cooking once our ingredients were prepared, we made our teriyaki burgers. She asked me something while making them.

Shokaku: "I wonder what your life was like before the war began?"

Lexington: "Well, as you could tell it was mostly quiet but during those years, we had an attaché from your country. I could tell you more about it later, right now let's focus on cooking." She nods her head and we got back to cooking after we were done we sat down and had our meal. After our meal, I answered her question.

Lexington: "Getting back to the question, I have a photo book detailing my moments during that time." I got it from my mini planes which hooked up the book from my room and flew it all the way here. She was mesmerized by it since she never lived in that era, but one caught her attention.

Shokaku: "Who are they?" Because they look so young, she couldn't tell.

Lexington: "That's Mikasa, Nagato, and Mutsu during the late '20s." She was shocked since she had never seen them during my time.

Shokaku: "After looking at the photo I was thinking about you meeting them again."

Lexington: "Well aren't they always busy?"

Shokaku: "Let's go and ask them." We head over to the Sakura Emipre's Dorm, once we arrived at the office, she told me to wait outside and only come in when she says so because she wants it as a surprise.

Shokaku's POV

I knocked on the door waiting for her answer.

Nagato: "Come in." I open the door and close it behind me seeing Nagato, Mutsu, and Mikasa. "It's not so often I see you here."

Shokaku: "Indeed but I want to ask you all for your time." Her ears perked up catching her off guard.

Nagato: "Who could it be?"

Shokaku: "Come in." Lexington opens the door.

Lexington: "長門、陸奥、三笠はお元気ですか?" (How are you Nagato, Mutsu, Mikasa?) I didn't know she could speak Japanese but given that they've been over there before it makes sense.

Mikasa moved over to hug her: "It's been a long time Lexington I see you've grown up well since I last saw you." She returned the hug.

Lexington: "Indeed, if you don't mind could I borrow some of your time from your duties?"