Catching up with older sisters

Iwo's POV

When morning rose we received orders that today we'll do combat exercises, since we never had that to prove our combat capability. We head off into the blue ocean, all ships that partake in this exercise were armed with dummy rounds.

Iwo launching CAP: "Hey, Reprisal who do you think we'll be up against."

Reprisal also launching CAP: "I don't know, but we should be careful."

Just 10 minutes later we have radar contact. We directed our Vought F4U 'Corsair' to intercept them only to find a mix of Gruman F4F 'Wildcat', Gruman F6F 'Hellcat', Vought F4U 'Corsair', Douglas SBD 'Dauntless', Curtiss SB2C 'Helldiver, Douglas TBD 'Devastator' and Grumman TBF/M 'Avenger'. An air battle ensues with most of their attack wave 'shot' down, but enough to cause some major damage. Begining their attack runs we fired all of our AA guns on the Dive, and Torpedo bombers. After their attack, they scored no 'hits' on either of us, as they leave we try to figure out who's present.

Iwo: "Judging by the aircraft they're most likely Hornet's since there are older planes in the strike."

Reprisal: "Agreed, which leaves the newer ones of which there are only 2 different options those being, Essex class, or Midway class."

Iwo: "Judging by the size of that airstrike it's most likely Essex class since there's only 3 Midway class."

Reprisal patting her head: "Right you are Iwo, but the question is who?"

Sending out a few recon planes we found our answer to our north-west we spotted 4 carriers, bearing the numbers '9' '11' '17' and '38' we knew who they were. We roll out an air-strike with all available planes from our hangars.

Shangri-la's POV

After our air-strike on those two carriers, we were confused aside from Hornet as to who they are since they carry the numbers '35', and '46'.

Essex: "I'm sure they're our sister's but who has those numbers? Hornet any ideas?"

Hornet: "Nope, no idea." I could tell Hornet's bluffing which means she, knows them. Looking through all ships that were commissioned of the Essex class I found them, but I won't say it because I want to surprise them later.

Buke Hill: "Shangri-la you know them?"

I respond with a bluff: "No, I don't sadly enough."

Intrepid: "We have incoming." They're using the same planes as I do but their torpedo bombers are striking way out of range. Scoring 'hits' on Hornet, and Bunker hill. While dive bombers scored 'hits' on the rest of us thus ending the exercise.

After returning to port with our escorts (which didn't take part in the fight). We finally meet them with Hornet introducing them to us.

Hornet: "This is Reprisal, and this cutie is Iwo Jima."

Iwo: "お姉さん, cut it out." (Older sister)

Hornet: "Sorry, but it's true." Iwo blushing hard.

Hornet: "Shangri-la, you knew I was bluffing back there."

Shangri-la: "Indeed I knew you were, I played your game. Anyways let's all head for lunch."

Reprisal's POV

After we reach the cafeteria we sat down, and have our lunch.

Essex: "Iwo Jima, you're clothing doesn't look like ours why is that?"

Iwo: "Well, I was named after the island and Battle of Iwo Jima."

Intrepid: "So that's why, but still it looks so cool."

Iwo: "Thank you, お姉さん, you can call me Iwo since it kinda sounds weird to me." (Older sister)

Essex: "Alright Iwo." We spend the rest of the day with our sisters catching up, since we never saw each other, having a bath together, and dinner before we head to bed.

Thank you guys for picking up this chapter, I hope y'all enjoy it. I should have their fan-art ready soon but it'll be the last ones (In terms of fan-art completed) so I want to thank Dabby which is a friend of mine on Discord. If you want to join my server link is in my bio and conversations, with that I'll see you next chapter.