Special Chapter: The fighting ladies of Midway

No POV

It's a very misty morning at Azur Lane's HQ everyone is still asleep in their dorms, except 2 who are up and about. They are Yorktown and Hiryū, both of them are in different places and little did they know they'll soon run into each other.

Hiryū's POV

It's just a quiet misty morning, I was exercising myself to make sure I'm ready to go at any time, and now I'm just walking around when I saw someone just sitting quietly facing the ocean ahead.

Hiryū: "Umm..." She turns to face me. "Oh, you're Yorktown aren't you."

Yorktown: "Yeah, and I assume you're Hiryū."

Hiryū: "Yeah, how did you know?"

Yorktown: "Who else speaks like that?"

Hiryū: "Fair point, don't mind if I join you?" She nods and I sit next to her.

Yorktown asking curiously: "Just sitting here makes you feel at peace doesn't it?"

Hiryū: "It sure does. I guess this also reminds us what we're all fighting for, the quiet seas to return."

She also agrees with that. I want to ask whether she has any plans today since I'm always with the other Sakura Empire girls.

Hiryū: "Well, don't you have any plans today?"

Yorktown: "No, I don't really have any." Alright, this is my chance to start a new relationship.

Hiryū: "Well then, let's have a bath since I've been training for quite some time." She nods since it'll feel nice to have a morning bath now and then. I lead her to our dorms bath.

Dorm

Yorktown: "Is it really alright for me to be here?"

Hiryū: "Yeah."

We got ourselves changed with our towels covering us, we dipped in the bath, and we both sighed as the negative energy is left us.

Yorktown: "This really feels good to have this in the morning."

Hiryū: "Yeah."

I think about something that the destroyers said about encountering an underwater volcano not far from base, I remember what my sister said about making an Onsen.

Sōryū: "The water must be at least 25 degrees celsius when it surfaces and it contains more than a defined amount of natural mineral components." Ok, I know what to do.

Hiryū: "If you don't mind let's go Onsen hunting."

Yorktown: "Onsen?"

Hiryū: "Basically an open-air bath that uses naturally hot water."

Yorktown sounding excited: "Sure."

Hiryū: "Right let's go hunting."

Yorktown's POV

After we left the bathroom and got changed we started our hunt for the best Onsen spot.

Yorktown: "Maybe let's start by having it near the ocean."

Hiryū: "Yeah, it's best to have it right there."

When we arrived our first idea is to find the best spot for it while being relatively close and accessible to the base. We soon agreed that a spot near the edge of the forest nearby would make the best spot with the Onsen facing the sea, but our challenge really begins now.