celebrities and demons

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yeah but..." I shyly pouted, "Everyone loves you since you were a kid. Staffs and production teams praise you all the time for your work ethic."

"But that doesn't mean I wasn't having my fair share of bad days. Trust me, my manager's growing silver strands of hair because of me," she chuckled, shaking her head, "But you know what? They will understand if you were only reacting based on how you truly felt. I'm not saying we should make up an excuse, but we're just humans. We get tired, there are certain things we dislike... or are afraid of."

Her last words made me feel vulnerable. Like I was suddenly so exposed to her. She knows I wasn't just acting up.

I was scared to sleep around other people because I am ashamed of how my nightmares haunt me. Of how I still see my long dead father in my dreams, angrily hitting me whenever he wants to. Ever since I was a kid, he's always made it a point to show how much he hates me. My mother died giving birth to me. My stepmother died protecting me when I was carelessly crossing the street as a kid. I never once felt like he was my father but I understood why he hated me. It was all my fault.

He became more violent after the death of my stepmom. Specially when he's drunk. It started with a slap, and then eventually it was always his fist on my stomach. I guess he knew hitting me on the face would cause him trouble.

One day, I went home and found him lifeless on the floor. He overdosed. It still scares me whenever I envision it. Because of me, he died.

"I talked to the team by the way, they admitted it was a mistake on their part because of the sudden changes we had to share a room. But they said they'll do something about it so don't worry," she smiles, "I'd rather sleep in my van too, you know? It's much comfortable than sleeping in a room with comedians that might pull a prank on me anytime."

I smiled a little at her joke, making me feel a bit at ease.

"That would be a good content if they'll film it."

"Thank goodness the men are on a separate room. I couldn't really trust Hee Chul with his pranks. The whole nation will be laughing at me."

I giggled, agreeing. "Good thing we've got the funniest hosts. I mean there's a reason why I preferred doing heavier roles than starring on romantic comedies. I'm very boring."

"Oh but you're very savage and that's funny. You break men's hearts, that's very adorable of you," she grins.

She must be talking about that running man episode where I kept flirting jokingly with the host. For some reason, the public likes it when I'm being savage.

I felt my cheeks grew hot with the way she said I'm adorable and with the way she's staring at me. Honestly, I was glad Lisa was there. She really made things bearable and fun for me all throughout the shooting.

We became close after that day, and we even got to interact more because of some endorsements we shared.

"Wow, you look... wow," she nervously chuckles, giving me a once over then smiled at me, "I don't wanna look like a potato next to you, what am I gonna do?"

It was our first photoshoot together for this clothing line. I was wearing a black low neck dress with thin straps and a small veil hat on, while she's even more stunning with her wearing a black suit, the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. Her newly dyed blonde hair looks so good on her.

"You're anything but a potato," I smiled shyly, "I mean have you checked out the mirror, Miss Lalisa?"

She grinned wide. "I intentionally said that so you would compliment me."