37

The two walk out of the firm with eyes glued to them both.

Jungkook watched from his office, clearly pissed, and Hoseok couldn't help the shit eating grin plastered on his face.

He opens the passenger door for Y/N and climbs right in after. Hoseok's hand slithers it way to hers, holding it gently. "I'm sure you're going to like this place," he tells her as they begin their journey.

The drive wasn't too long, and the pair made small talk between themselves before Hoseok pulled up to the restaurant. Hoseok kindly opened the door for Y/N, allowing her to step out before closing the door behind her. He guides her to the entrance and upon entering, they were met with very lavish and modern art on the wall.

"Woah, this place is really fancy, I'm a tad bit underdressed for the occasion," she chuckles, looking down at the suit she was wearing.

"Judging by the pieces on the wall..." Hoseok trails as he gazed upon the art, "You definitely outshine all of these together."

If Jungkook was here, he definitely would've laughed at the cheesiness Hoseok had up his sleeve, but he was in his office, angry beyond words.

Hoseok guides Y/N to a table already set for them with menus placed out for them to look through.

"Y/N, I have a question, but it is a bit personal..." Hoseok trails with a small laugh, "When I came over to your house... were you planning to have sex with me?"

"Ah, that.." she chuckles nervously, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her hair. "Seeing as we're here now, I don't wanna lie to you anymore," she starts, "But yes, I was.. and it was for all the wrong reasons. And the reason why I didn't, was because I realised I shouldn't use someone as amazing as you, or even anyone for that matter, for something so childish."

Her explanation was a lot more simpler said than done.

Yes she missed out the part about her and Jungkook, but she was never with Jungkook to begin with so it didn't matter. "And I owe you a very long, overdue apology because of it."

"No apology needed for that Ms. Lee," Hoseok still smiles even with the confessed truth. In his mind, he still thinks that he'll be able to erase the thought into a better memory.

His hand reaches over the table to Y/N's, squeezing it softly. "I'm glad you gave me another chance."

She wasn't used to the open physical affection. When she used to go to dinner with Jungkook, they had to keep their hands to themselves to avoid suspicion, or maybe they just didn't want to be romantic with each other, who knows? With Hoseok however, Y/N felt like she had nothing to worry about, and though she wasn't used to it, she found herself growing more comfortable with him, and she liked it.

"Maybe in the future, we can go down that path when we're both comfortable and ready."

"Yes definitely. I wouldn't wanna rush into anything just yet."

Soon enough, their food arrived. Hoseok thanked the waiter and ate away at his food. The occasional small talk between them soon turned into stories filled with laughter and the steady friendship between them grows.

The two had so much fun with each other that they didn't notice that the sky grew dark. "Ah, it's dark now. Should I take you back to the firm or home?" He asks, already paying for the cheque.

"Home would be great, thanks," she tells him, standing up from her seat and following Hoseok out of the restaurant and back in the car.

Like the true gentleman he was, Hoseok opened the door for her to enter, closing it once she was safely in the car. When Hoseok got into the drivers seat, Y/N spoke up. "Just so you know, our next meal is on me, no ifs, no buts."

"As long as there's a next time, then it's fine by me," Hoseok winks at her before pulling off to her house. Just like the restaurant, the comfortable conversations between them continue before arriving.

Jungkook's car sat right in her driveway. "I'm guessing Jungkook wants to work on the case tonight?" Hoseok tries to guess, but he was clearly wrong.

Jungkook wanted answers, and he was going to get them.

"Hm, I'm not sure. We didn't plan on working on the case tonight," she mumbles, pretending to check her phone to see if Jungkook left any messages about working on the case. "I'm not quite sure why he's here.."

She goes to the drivers side of his car to see if he was inside, but unfortunately Jungkook wasn't in the car, so it was likely he just went into her house.

And she wasn't wrong.

When Y/N unlocked the door, she was met with a very irritated Jungkook sat on her sofa.

"Oh, do you wanna come in, Hoseok?" she asks, looking back over her shoulder at him.

Just as he opens his mouth to agree, Jungkook's death glare told him differently.

"Um... Maybe another time. This seems like a professional problem for you to deal with," Hoseok chuckles before leaving quietly.

wc: 881