19

After making it home to clean his house up a bit, Jungkook makes his way to Y/N's house. He'd been over to her house before with a few coworkers in the past to work on a case, but this would be the first time he came alone.

Like her office door, Jungkook doesn't even knock when he enters inside. "Ready to go, Lee?" He calls out to her, unaware of where she was.

"Oh my God Jeon," she jumps, her hand over her chest as she walks out of her room to see Jungkook at the door. She wasn't surprised to be fair, Jungkook never knocked on her door. "And yeah, I'm ready to go. Let me just do some quick checks around the apartment."

She rushes around the apartment, double checking all the locks and ensuring the apartment was rob-proof. Jungkook chuckles to himself, grabbing ahold of her bags and placing them in his car. "I'll be in the car," he calls out again, leaving to sit in his car.

Like Y/N, Jungkook spot checked his house as well to make sure everything was perfect for this weekend. He cleaned his bedsheets, washed his hair, and shaved any facial hair growing on his face.

Once she did all her checks, she left the apartment, using the security pad to lock the door. She thought she left Jungkook waiting for too long so she fast-walked out of the building and to his car.

"Sorry for the wait," she says, taking her seat on the passenger side whilst putting on her seatbelt. "I don't wanna get robbed over the weekend," she chuckles. Y/N took one look at him and was immediately able to notice he shaved. "You look like a big baby without the stubble," she teases.

"That's not what I was going for, but I'll take it," Jungkook chuckles. "I was thinking about having steak with vegetables tonight. Maybe some wine with it," he mumbles in concentration, focusing on the road.

"Mmm yeah, I love steak. Red wine goes perfectly with steak." Y/N could do the most and explain just how well certain drinks go with certain meals, but she wasn't looking to bore the man next to her.

"Don't forget, we have to get some work done this weekend, the date of the hearing is close," she says in a serious tone. "We gotta do it for the firm," she forms a fist with her hands as a form of encouragement for the two.

If it was possible to have literal heart eyes, Jungkook would have it this very second. Her fists were the cutest thing he saw all day and so badly did he want to hold them.

Instead of complimenting how cute she was, Jungkook decides on a more known approach. "You're so annoying. Of course we're going to get some work done," he rolls his eyes, but the stupid grin on his face hides his plans of being mean.

"Sure, but it kinda looks like I'll be doing everything because I'm better than you." She gasps, "I might as well lead the case because I'm more superior than you," she jokes.

If Y/N had the chance to take the lead, she actually wouldn't take it, solely because Mr Jeon would rather his blood than a top attorney do it.

"Oh please, you would fold under pressure if you were the lead attorney," Jungkook jokes, but he knew it wasn't true. Y/N would be a great lead attorney, and she definitely proved that today.

When Jungkook pulled up in front of his house, the hidden excitement Y/N had been holding had spilled out. She didn't know why she was so excited. It wasn't like Jungkook was her boyfriend, what they were doing was strictly business.. with a nice dinner and a sleepover.

Jungkook steps out of his car and to the front door of his house, unlocking to for the both of them to enter. "I'll take your stuff upstairs to my room. Hang down here for a second," he tells her before leaving to go upstairs.

Y/N hums, watching him disappear upstairs with her bags. Jungkook's house looked a lot different than the other night. Maybe because there was more light coming into the house since the last time she was here was at night.

The pictures Jungkook had on showcase of his friends were still neatly up on display, and right next to the photos was a vase with flowers in it. It certainly wasn't there last time but she thought it added a nice touch to his home.

She made her way over to the couch, carefully taking a seat, not wanting to make any kind of mess as Jungkook came down. "Are we doing case work or?"

"We can if you want," Jungkook shrugs, setting his stack of documents on the couch. "I'll make dinner and we can work on it afterwards," he suggests. To Jungkook, the case was the least of his worries. He knew that they'd easily win. "All we have to do is put the evidence in the right order."

"Yeah, that's pretty much all we need to do," she mumbles, her eyes scanning over all the evidence sheets. It wasn't a long job, they could get it done in less than 10 minutes, so it wouldn't be an issue to leave it for last minute.

"If you're gonna cook, you have to let me help."

wc: 914