“In the left compartment of the desk in my study” he blinked his eyes open, onyx gaze glazed with an emptiness that masked the concern very effectively “there is a sealed envelope, labelled ‘entitlement’…I had intended to give it to him myself but…”

“Whom-” “It has the receiver’s name…and some instructions about something that has to be done” Jungkook cut his question to reply before he closed his eyes, his wounds leaving him feel more frail by the minute “please ensure it is carried out accordingly…think of it as my last wish of sorts” he tried to chuckle at his own words but the bruises on his face burned and he was grimacing at the pain yet again.

“Jungkook you are simply being stupid now” Yoongi’s voice had the reprimand of an elder sibling “stop this…you’re not dying…your wounds are going to heal just fine…you’re going to be well-”

A mocking half-laugh and half-groan cut the elder alpha’s words yet again.

“Well?” He scoffed at the word “you really think I will get well?”

Yoongi knew what he was referring to but chose to stay silent about it.

“Of all the people around me, you are the one who has actually known that I haven’t been well for a long time hyung…”

“I still believe you can get well…you were healing and progressing remarkably when Jimin was-” “I still haven’t forgiven you for doing that you know” Jungkook’s head lolled to the other side as Yoongi saw his eyes flutter open to blankly gaze at the wall on the other side “you made me feel weak…as the king I am never supposed to look weak…”

A heavy silence filled the space as Yoongi remembered the time when the late king had appointed Taehyung as the Commander-in -chief while Jungkook was yet to attain the throne and the entire kingdom was talking about how the king must believe in the trueblood’s powers more than he had faith on the crown prince. He had seen Jungkook have fits of volcanic anger that led to bizarre hallucinations and was driven to ask Jimin to help him in calming the king down with the help of his powers.

That was also the time Yoongi had realized that Jungkook used to force his wolf to act so cold towards the omega since his entire greed was driven by his plan to overpower his ‘undefeatable’ brother…and it was the reason Jungkook had spent years searching for a way to be invincible before the trueblood.

“I might not be as strong as a trueblood but…as an alpha, I too feel shame to look weak before my omega…”

“There is nothing to feel ashamed of to seek help to recover from an illness” Yoongi’s voice was stern yet supportive “I asked Jimin to help because it was the only way for you to feel at peace, but your biggest fault was going against your wolf…discarding it’s needs…a mate bond is just not about a claim Jungkook, our wolves choose a mate knowing that it belongs to the other…the bond would help both and help you feel complete.”

Yoongi watched Jungkook go quiet as he continued to blink at the empty wall, and a part of him knew that the younger was probably still trying to fool his own mind or telling himself that Yoongi was being a bore yet again but Jungkook’s next words made him realize how every decision Jungkook had taken over the years had contributed to end up being a reason for his own fall.

“As a king, Kleon’s future was my responsibility…how was I supposed to just do as I pleased when I knew what my brother’s destiny spoke…?”

The air grew chilly and heavy with anticipation of the future Jungkook knew he could not succeed to reform. Despite all his sacrifice he had failed to ensure the end of the monster…and Kleon was still in danger.