Chapter 28

Grace's POV

After saying that I couldn't look her in the eyes I felt horrible and I could tell she was pissed I stood in the driveway of the kitchen watching my mother cook dinner. Why are they even here I don't get it they haven't been here in a long time why now. They haven't been home in a 3 years a 3 very long years of me lying to everyone saying that they were out of town when in reality I had no idea where they were and now their back trying to make it like everything is normal.

"Dinners ready" My so called mom said as my other so called parent walked in the kitchen and took a seat at the table. I just stood there in the doorway watching them Intensely not taking my eyes off of them.

I know what your thinking I should be happier but if you knew my parents then you would know they wouldn't do anything without a reason them coming back home just means they want something from me I'm just not sure what it is yet.

"Come eat honey" My mom said as she sat a plate down for me. I just stared at her blankly.

"No Cassandra"

"I'm am your mother and you will do as I say now come and sit down" she yelled damn near blowing a vain. I wasn't scared of my mother one bit and could care less about her being my mother.

"No your not" I said my father then dropped his fork and looked up at me.

"Grace com and sit down now I will not ask you twice" he said I rolled my eyes but did as he said. I wasn't scared of my mother but I was scared of my father his deep but alarmingly calm voice had a way of shaking me to my core that voice that use to once tell 9 year old me that he'll be back then go on a 6 month long Business trip leaving me home with a nanny who would beat the living hell out of me. People at school always thought I had it all a big house lots of money a boyfriend who was captain of the football team and being one of the most popular girls in school.

But in reality I had nothing my parents were never home everyday I'd go home to an empty house because my boyfriend was an asshole who ever really wanted sex from me.

I sat at the table with my hands in my lap not even touching the food. It was silent nothing but the sound of their forks hitting the plates. "I see you keep the house clean" my mother said.

"I don't I barely be here" I replied in an irritated tone

"How's school" my dad asked now they were starting to piss me off I knew they didn't care about how school was going for me.

"Cut the shit both of you what are you really here for" I half yelled they sighed and looked at each other before going back to looking at me.

"Your getting married" my mom said I looked at her confused

"Excuse me?"

"We've made arrangements to merge your fathers company with one of the others high profile companies in England they decided to move it down here but only on one condition you marry the owner of this Company Jarrell Aswan" she explained I looked at her like she was crazy

That man is like the same age as dad I'm not Marrying him.

"You will this is going to make more money for our family"

"Family!? I didn't even know I was still considered that seeing as you guys never gave a shit about me!!" I yelled standing up

"Sit down Grace" my dad using that tone I hated so much but it didn't faze me this time I was way too pissed.

"Are you literally going to let her marry off your 17 year old daughter to a 50 year old man" I said giving my dad pleading eyes for a minute I thought his face expression Softened but if it did it quickly went away returning back to that cold distant face he always used when he was about to put his foot down.

"We made this decision together and you will fulfill our Wishes rather you like it or not" he said sternly. My mom smirked the most evil smirk before going back to her plate of food. Tears welled up in my eyes but I dared not to let them fall.

Even though my father was never really home when he was he was always the more caring one the one I expected to have my back but turns out I can't count on neither of them.

I sucked it up and looked at them both. "I will not marry that man I'd rather die you'll see that you two have no control over me"

I kicked the chair back making it fall before leaving out of the door I was already dressed so I was fine to just leave I got in the car and drove not knowing where I was going I just needed to get the hell away from there.

________________________________

⚠️⚠️End of chapter sorry for any spelling errors I'll fix them later ⚠️⚠️