Chapter 7

Alex's POV:

"So let me get this right I've been trying to get you to go to a party for years and you've always told me no!" Taylor said sitting on my bed with her legs crossed.

"Yes you are correct"  I said nonchalantly as I looked through my closet.

"But when Grace asked it was an automatic yes!?" She continued

"I wouldn't say an automatic yes if it makes you feel any better I had to think about it first"

"It don't and how can this be I'm your best friend your only best friend" she said dramatically as she fake fainted on the bed

I just rolled my eyes this girl is something else I tell ya.

"Green or blue?" I asked her turning around holding up two shirts. She quickly popped up

"Ew neither"

"I am highly offended"

"Dude you should be both those shirts needs to be burned with hell fire"

"Ok now your being dramatic"

"Here let me find something for you ,your a lot of things my friend but stylish isn't one of them" she said pushing me aside to get to my closet. I just rolled my eyes and went over to sit on my bed.

"It has to be something nice-" I said but she cut me off

"Blah blah blah your trying to impress Grace I know"

"WHAT!! I didn't say that" I said blushing

"You didn't have to I know that's what you were thinking" she said briefly turning around to wink at me.

She was right about one thing though impressing Grace was definitely on my to do list I just hadn't figured out the how yet.

"Here we are!" Taylor said before turning to face me.

"This is definitely it!!"

Sometime later:

After Taylor helped me pick out my outfit for tomorrow night she had left saying something about a booty call? I don't know but I didn't ask her to tell me more considering she was talking about sex.

I was bored so I went downstairs to watch tv
When I got to the living room My little brother Parker was sitting on the couch watching his cartoons but that didn't stop me. I flopped down on the couch snatching the remote form Parker at the same time.

"Hey! Give it back Alex" he cried out as I just ignored him and changed the show.

He then jumped on me trying to grab the remote. I held it up over my head knowing that he was too short to get it as I kept my eyes trained on the TV.

"I'm going to tell mom!"

"I don't care" i replied in a baby voice just then my sister Maddison walked in.

"Hey whatcha doing" she asked sitting down on one of the couch chairs.

"Watching Tv" I said still holding the remote up high as Parker still struggled to get it.

Maddison laughed watching us. not soon after I heard a knock on the door

"Not it!" both Parker and Maddison said at the same time

I rolled my eyes before getting up to go get the door leaving the remote behind giving Parker an golden opportunity that he surely took.

I opened the door only to come face to face with Grace.

"Uh.. hey"

"Hi I came to um...drop off your um...hoodie you left it at mines" she said extending her hand to give me the hoodie

"Oh...um thanks" I simply said
grabbing the hoodie from her

It was a wave of awkward silence for a moment until Maddison came.

"Hey who's at the door" she yelled before walking up to me

"Oh hello?" Maddison said

"Oh um Maddison this is Grace my friend and Grace this is Maddison my little sister" I said introducing them.

"Oh hi"

"Hello Im glad to meet another one of Alex's friends I mean I thought Taylor was her only friend and honestly it would have been sad if she was" Maddison said laughing I punched her arm embarrassed.

"Ow!!"

Grace then laughed at us and I smiled while blushing awkwardly.

"Anyways Alex mom said to ask you for help with my cheer routine tryouts are in two weeks"

"What No last time I helped you I ended up with a broken arm you know cheerleading isn't my thing"

"Ugh come on Alex I need to practice if I want to make the Team at your school" she said just then I heard Grace clear her throat.

"Sorry to interrupt but maybe I could help her I mean I am on the squad and is the head cheerleader so I know all the routines I mean.... If it's ok with you of course"

That was a great idea this won't only benefit My sister but me too I get to spend more time with Grace.

"Oh yeah of course I can even help too you know it can be a team effort" I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"But you just said-" Maddison tried saying but I pulled her into a huge to muffle her talking.

"You know anything for my favorite sister"

Grace smiled "Ok we'll start Monday"

"Sounds great"

"Cool see you tomorrow night"

"See ya later alligator" I said awkwardly I could feel Maddison laughing considering I haven't let her go yet. Once Grace was completely gone I then let Maddison go.

"Really your favorite sister?" She said with sass in her voice as she crossed her arms and looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

"Your right I shouldn't have lied like that". I said jokingly as I closed the door and turned to go back to the living room.

"First off ouch" Maddison said putting a hand over her heart and faking hurt as she followed closely behind me.

"And secondly didn't you just literally tell me no about helping"

"Yeah so I'm allowed to change my mind"

"Mmhm orrrrr you must have a crush on that girl" she said causing me to look at her.

"What! That's crazy why would you think that"

"Well for one I haven't seen you this nervous when talking to someone since Mia"

"I have no idea what your talking about" I said brushing her off but I could see that she took this as a challenge my sister hate being wrong so when it comes to it she's going to do everything in her power to prove that she's right.

"Ok sis whatever you say" she said walking off whistling a tone.

I rolled my eyes Great now I have to deal with her.

________________________________

Pretty short chapter I didn't have anymore ideas for this chapter so that's why it's kind of short anyways I hope you enjoyed and as always thanks for reading ❤️