"Aman..." Said Aman.

"Excuse me, sir...? "

"No, sir... Only Aman"

"Whaaaaat?"

"Yup... Be friendly..."

"Are you kidding?" she asked.

"will do it if you accept me as your friend," Aman said smilingly.

"Thank you, Sir... I mean, Aman..."

"Thank you for? "

"To be my friend... because I have no one in Mumbai..." She intentionally said that to see Arnav's expression.

Arnav could not hold himself from swallowing the gland that was choking his throat.

"You said you are staying as a guest with someone... is not the person your friend?"

"No... the person is not my FRIEND" she stressed.

"You will get many friends here, Khushi, don't worry" Aman addressed her with her name leaving Ms. Gupta behind.

Khushi nodded ok with a smile.

"I hope you too like the groom... I mean this job"

"Very much," she said smilingly without looking at Arnav.

"By the way, he is Arnav... the manager..."

Khushi looked at Arnav.

"He hardly interacts with anyone" Aman intentionally mentioned that because he didn't want Khushi to talk to him and get hurt.

"Oh... Namaste, SIR" she said joining her hands and getting a sharp look from Arnav as a reply.

"Please, wait for a while, Khushi," Aman said.

"Yes, sir"

Khushi left the place. Aman chuckled.

Arnav looked at him like, "Why are you chuckling?"

"I recalled NK's words about his Angel... Ms. Gupta is an exact Angel. NK will be happy to see Ms. Gupta."

"She looks beautiful doesn't mean she can be an Angel. Didn't you say a girl can't be beautiful from in and out? "

Aman wondered. Is this Arnav who is discussing ANGEL?

"Didn't you hear what she answered? What a different and heart-warming answer, Yaar...! She compared this job with her HUSBAND... what does that mean? She gives importance to her husband. According to her, her job, as well as her married life, is equal to her..." Aman said.

"Did you forget what Akash said? " the man spoke who always talks less.

" What?" Aman raised his brows.

"Angels are not meant for Jokers," Arnav said not showing his irritation.

Aman was surprised to see Arnav reacting to something for the first time who never gives heed to anything. His reply made him laugh too.

"Wow, ASR... have you started countering too...? If the Angels are not meant for Jokers, then I and Akash can try for the Angel... We are not Jokers..." He said making Arnav uncomfortable. After all, Khushi is his wife...

Taking the phone, Aman called Akash. Akash attended it.

"Yes, Aman..."

"I have appointed my new PA. Her name is Khushi Gupta. Ask NK to get her appointment order"

"Really? Did she answer differently? "

"Yeah... she answered not only different but also interestingly"

"Is it?"

"Yeah... we have a topic to discuss while having lunch."

"Will be waiting..."

"Mark my words, she will be on our team soon," Aman said confidently.

Don't know why Arnav didn't like it. it was clear that Aman liked Khushi very much. That's what annoyed him because he was talking about his wife Damn it...

Aman disconnected the call and looked at Arnav who was suffocating. Aman didn't know why.

In the meanwhile,

Shreya came to NKs cabin.

"NK..."

"Yes...?"

"You said Arnav will bring his wife to Mumbai next month only..."

NK sat straight, listening to her.

"But he said, she is with him... she is the one who was taken care of him when he fell sick," she said sadly.

"Oh... how do you know?"

"He told me when I asked about his health"

"He told you that...?"

"Yes..."

"Thank God, he got one to take care of him"

"I can't believe this NK" Shreya said.

"Why?"

"He hardly interacts with people then how could he get married?"

"What silly question is this, Shreya? He didn't interact with people. It doesn't mean he won't interact with his wife too... she is his wife after all... a special person than everyone... how won't he mingle with her? He has to do it with his wife, Shreya"

Shreya felt a tug in her heart. She couldn't tolerate that Arnav is mingling with someone leaving her behind.

"Listen to me, Shreya. Arnav is married. He never gave heed to you even before his marriage. Now he has one for himself. Try to understand the reality. You are a good girl. Don't waste your time on someone's husband. It will damage your name. So, please choose someone who values you"

Shreya nodded yes and left the place.

"This Arnav is very brilliant. Though he doesn't mingle with people he knows how to keep people in distance" NK thought.

To be continued...

The next update is available on INKITT