Chapter 27

Claire

I woke up warm and incredibly comfortable. My eyes fluttered open to bright light shining in the windows. I looked around to see both of my mates sorrounding me. They both had an arm and a leg wrapped around me, nestled in close. I was surprised that I wasn't dying of heat stroke. That is probably one benefit of the marking. I pressed a kiss to both of their cheeks and slipped out from under them, padding into the bathroom. I stretched and yawned, feeling very well rested. After going to the bathroom I observed myself in the mirror. My color looked better, my hair shinier, my muscles a little more defined, but the two bright red marks on either side of my neck were the biggest changes. Bennett's moon had healed and looked beautiful, but Rowan's flame was still very red, almost looking real.

"Do you like them?" I hear a deep voice from behind me. I jump a little, startled as I didn't hear Rowan walk in. I smile at him as he comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into his bare chest.

"I do. They're beautiful." I say wistfully and he nods as my eyes land on the evergreen tree I left on his neck, just like Bennett's.

"Why is mine a tree? It's so boring." I huff and Rowan chuckles, pressing a kiss to my neck before answering.

"A human's mark correlates to whatever element they identify with the most. Earth, fire, water or wind. You must be more closely connected to the earth. Which makes sense with a werewolf mate. Wolves are very in tune with nature." He explains and I nod.

"Well, I hate camping." I say firmly and am greeted with his boisterous laughter. The sound makes me smile and I turn in his arms, tucking myself in closer to him. He holds me for awhile before pulling me back into the bedroom.

I wince a little as I climb back into the bed, the pain between my legs evidence of what we did the day before.

"Sore, little one?" Rowan asks with a proud smirk.

"Yes. So you'll need to take care of me today. Breakfast, please." I command and he chuckles.

"I'll wait until Bennett wakes. He's been paying closer attention to your cooking lessons. I want you to actually be able to eat it." He says with a smile.

"Well, maybe you need to pay better attention." I admonish him and he chuckles.

"I try, but for some reason my eyes always focus on your ass instead." He says laughing. I gasp at him, smacking him playfully. He pulls me into his arms and tucks my head under his chin.

"Settle down, little demon." He murmurs, kissing my head. I relax into him, closing my eyes.

"You guys don't feel like furnaces anymore." I muse and his chest rumbles under me making me relax more.

"Good. I'm glad you won't hate sleeping with us anymore." He says and I can't help but laugh a little.

We lay like that in contented silence until Bennett stirs next to us. He pops his head up, his brown hair messy from sleep making him look adorable. A sleepy smile curls on his face and I smile back as he scoots over to nuzzle against me before leaning up to kiss Rowan.

"How are you this morning?" He asks and I shrug.

"Fine. Why?" I ask and his eyes narrow at Rowan.

"He was a little rough last night." Bennett says and Rowan growls a little. I shoosh them both and roll over to snuggle into Bennett.

"Oh, stop. He was fine." I say and Rowan snarls a little behind me.

"Fine?!" He exclaims and I can't stop my giggles.

"I'm sorry. He was fantasic. Earth shattering. Life altering. Incredible. Better?" I ask and Rowan nods.

"Yes. Better." He says, still pouting a little but I turn back to Bennett.