Chapter 19

Claire

My body was still relaxed from our little adventure in the shower. I couldn't believe that I did that. They just looked so good, touching each other, the noises they made. God damn I could feel my body heating again and tried to take a few breaths to calm my rapidly beating heart.

"What are you thinking about, little demon?" Rowan asks and my heart flips at his nickname for me.

"Nothing." I squeak out making him chuckle as he carries me to the front door. He puts me down and I slip on my shoes as he watches me.

"The smell you're flooding out says something different." He says and I look at him confused. He leans down to whisper in my ear.

"We can smell when you get turned on." I gasp and pull away from him, my face lighting up with a blush as he and Bennett laugh together.

"That's not fair!" I yell and Bennett shrugs.

"Nothing you can do about it." He says, scooping me up in his arms and carrying me towards the car. Rowan slides in the driver seat and Bennett sets me down before opening the back door for me. I shake my head and he looks at me confused.

I round the car and pull open the drivers side. Rowan watches me curiously as I climb in and sit on his lap.

"Little demon..." He growls as I wrap my arms around his neck and settle on his lap.

"You woke me up early so I'm napping on the drive. And I seem to sleep best snuggled up to one of you." I say with a shrug.

I try to play it cool, but really the idea of sitting in the back seat, not being able to touch them sounds like a special form of torture. I'm not sure how to deal with these new emotions, but as long as they continue to treat me with kindness, I will take advantage.

Bennett gets into the passenger seat, watching Rowan and I with a warm affectionate smile. Rowan looks down towards the pedals, then looks back up at me.

"And how is this supposed to work?" He asks and I ponder that for a moment before swinging my legs up and resting them over Bennett's lap.

He chuckles again, shaking his head and holding onto my legs while I rest my head against Rowan's shoulder. Rowan lets out an annoyed huff, but starts the car and begins to drive. The quiet of the car, the rumble of the tires against the road makes me sleepy and I relax my body into Rowan, my eyes closing. I lift up a little and plant a kiss to his jaw and he rumbles a little in his chest before bringing his arm up around me, making it easier for me to relax into him. He holds me close to his chest and I peek my eyes open at Bennett. He's already watching me with a little smile and gives me a conspiritorial wink that makes me smile back at him. I drift in and out of sleep during the ride as Bennett and Rowan talk about something called 'The Council'. I don't feel comfortable enough with them yet to ask them about it, but file it away for the next time Rowan decides to answer my questions.

Much too soon I feel Rowan nudging me awake. I stretch my muscles and peek my eyes open, looking around. I yawn a little and Rowan smiles before leaning forward to kiss my cheek.

"We're here. Come on, let's go." He says, opening the door. Bennett is there in the next moment, lifting me down and steadying me on my feet.

We walk towards the building, one of them on either side of me like my personal bodyguards. I grip each of their hands and thread our fingers together, marveling at how much bigger their hands are than mine. Both of their hands feel warm, but Rowan's is definitely hotter almost to the point of making me sweat. My eyes ping between the two of them and they are looking at each other over my head. Bennett smiles and Rowan rolls his eyes, but tightens his grip around my hand a little. When we get inside I drop their hands to grab a cart and Bennett whines a little.