Chapter 24

Claire

After our run, Bennett and I lounged around the house all day. He never put a shirt back on and part of me thinks it was so that he could torture me. He looked so damn lickable. And he was so freaking sweet when his wolf wasn't agitated. He carried me around, snuggled with me, cooked for me, let me watch whatever I wanted on tv. He's basically perfect. Every time he's sweet to me I feel myself grow more attached to him.

To care for him.

After dinner, his teasing touches became too much for me to bear. Laying on the couch together, his arms around me as I smoosh myself into his chest makes my body light up like a bonfire. I try to take deep breaths and relax, but his hand glides up and down my back in a soothing motion, but really all it does is make me want him more. My body tenses and he looks down at me curiously.

"You ok, Claire?" He asks worriedly and I huff a little.

"No. You're making me crazy!" I shout and his eyebrows lift in confusion.

"What do you mean?" He asks and I sit up, straddling his hips. His eyes darken at our position and his hands find my hips, the tips of his fingers digging into my flesh.

"You're making me want you, Bennett. I'm desperate for you." I murmur in his ear and he growls in response, flipping us until he is on top of me. His eyes glow green, but it doesn't scare me. If anything it excites me.

What the hell is wrong with me?

That thought is banished when his lips descend on me. He's not rough or painful. He's sweet. Like he's cherishing me. His lips part mine gently and I open for him, allowing him to explore me. His taste explodes on my tongue, fresh and inviting. I moan at the pleasure and he groans in response, his hand gliding down my body to cup my ass, pulling me up closer to him. I grind against his hardening length and sparks of want flit across my skin. Bennett pulls away gently and I whine at the loss of contact making him smirk at me.

"What do you want, little one?" He asks quietly, his warm lips tracing the column of my throat.

"You, Bennett. All of you." I whisper back, threading my fingers in his hair and gripping on tight. His chest rumbles and the vibrations make my body tremble with need.

"If we do this, baby. If I take you, I'll mark you. I won't have a choice. My wolf will take over." He warns seriously, pulling back to look at me.

"Will it hurt?" I ask shyly. A beautiful smile takes over his face and he chuckles while shaking his head.

"No, baby. It'll feel fucking amazing." He says and I smile back.

"Ok." I agree and his eyes widen in surprise.

"Marking is a big deal, little one." He says, leaning down to kiss me again. "There's no backing out, no leaving. You'll be mine. Forever." He says and I shrug.

"I didn't realize you were going to let me go." I say cheekily and he snarls.

"I'm not. Ever." He says, tightening his arms around me.

"Then mark me, Ben." I say quietly and he gives me an affectionate smile that makes me swoon. But then a flicker of concern lights in me and my smile falters.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"What about Rowan?" I ask and his brow furrows in confusion.

"What about him?" He asks and I shrug.

"Will he be upset? If he's not here? I don't want him to get mad or feel left out." I say and Bennett's smile returns. He leans down to kiss me gently before he pulls away.