Betrayal

~You don't understand what I am doing now, but someday you will.~ John 13:7

Thank goodness it's Friday! Im sorry I ditched for like four weeks but I'm back now and that's what matters!😭😭😭

Is it just me or does everyone else feel like the whole week gets longer when no days are canceled?

And oooohhh—! I wanted to smack Luca upside the head to betraying Alberto like that! Alberto's heartbroken look will forever be burned into my memory...

_____________

Daniela sighed as she looked at her hands resting in her lap, (M/N) rubbing her back as Lorenzo went to sit down next to her.

"I don't know, guys. Was I too hard on him?"

"No." Lorenzo denied, going his wife's shoulder a squeeze. "You were just trying to keep him safe."

"It's my fault." He slumped and shook his head in disappointment. "I wasn't paying enough attention to him."

"I guess I was smothering (Y/N) far too much for her liking, I knew I should have told her about her father." (M/N) had her head down as Daniela held her hand. "I just... wanted to keep her safe, I never knew she felt that way."

"But I tried to send Luca away." Daniela sighed again as (M/N) looked up. "I tried to keep (Y/N) under wraps too, Daniela. You're not the only one at fault here..."

"I just never in a million years would have thought they'd do this." Daniela teared up slightly as he looked up again slowly.

"It's like we don't even know..."

"You can do it, Luca!" Giulia cheered from behind (Y/N), Alberti sitting the redhead boredly as they passed the depressive adults.

Luca and (Y/N) laughed before making the mistake looking at the adults, familiar feeling resurfacing as (M/N) gasped at her daughter.

"(Y/N)!" She yelled and (Y/N) paled, Luca doing the same as he peddled faster, the three adults struggling to catch up.

"Go, go!" Giulia obliviously cheered again at the speed as Alberto scratched his cheek in boredom, neither addressing (Y/N)'s and Luca's panic.

Daniela called out desperately as she reached a hand out. "Luca!"

"Luca!" Lorenzo stumbled as (M/N) was close to crying. "(Y/N), stop! Please!"

Luca quickly turned a corner as their parents kept running forward, he sighs anxiously as he peddles down the alleyway, relaxing slightly when (Y/N) squeezed his shoulders.

"Uh, where are we going?" Giulia asked, looking past (Y/N) to look at Luca.

"Uh... A shortcut." He replied, nervous.

"Steeper, rough terrain..." Giulia nodded once and smiled. "I like it."

(Y/N) tried to distract herself, turning her head to look at Alberto. "Are you training, Al?"

Alberto pouted, pulling a hand full of pasta and stuffing it in his mouth, making his voice muffle. "I'm always training!"

. . . . .

Luca panted as they reached the top of the hill, staying on the bike as they other got off. Giulia laughed proudly.

"Bravo, Luca! That was your fastest yet." (Y/N) grabbed his hand, now noticing how much it was shaking as she frowned and interlaced their fingers, Luca gave out a big exhale before smiling at the girl appreciatively.