Family Spites

~That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed everyday day.~ 2 Corinthians 4:16

3rd P.O.V:
_____________

Luca swam in through his window, checking to see them at his grandma as still asleep before relaxing on his bed. "Phew."

"Ahem!"

He gasps, fear in his system when he sees Daniela and (M/N) at his bedroom entrance, (Y/N) in front of her with her eyes looking at him fearfully.

. . . . .

Luca struggles to breath, taking shallow breathes as he grips his tail under the table, staring at his mother.

Noticing her friend in peril, (Y/N) doesn't move her gaze from the clock and card on the table as she gently takes his hand from his tail and into hers, squeezing to let him know that she's there.

Still shaking, Luca immediately grips her hand, whimpering softly as Daniela stays in the shadows while (M/N) and Lorenzo sit a the table. The former looking majorly disappointed.

Lorenzo furrowed his eyebrows and scratches his head. "Daniela, (M/N), do we really need to go through with this?"

Luca jumps, his girl on (Y/N)'s tightening. "With what?"

Lorenzo places his hands on his hips, uncomfortable. "Uh, son, (Y/N), you two are in big trouble."

(M/N) sits up a bit, making (Y/N) shrink as her mothers gaze burns through her. "You both need to promise us that you'll never sneak off to the surface again."

(Y/N) snaps her head up, her eyes begging. "But why? Nothing happened to us, Mama!"

Luca nodded hesitantly in agreement. "Uh, I'm really sorry. But, you know, it's not that dangerous up there, maybe we could show you."

"I told you." Daniela interrupted as she swam over to the table, her voice rising slightly. "Our son has a death wish, Lorenzo."

"But, Mom, we're always careful with him!" Luca defended as (Y/N) stiffened, making him realize his mistake slapped his mouth shut.

The three parents rounded on them. "We?!"

Before Luca could continue, (Y/N) spoke up. "He's our friend. Alberto. He's one of us, Mama!"

(M/N) shook her head. "(Y/N)—"

"Ah, yes. There's usually a bad influence. Good thing you sent for me when you did, huh?"

The two teenagers turned stiffly to see an anglerfish, his antenna glowing blue and his inside visible as he tossed a chestnut in his mouth.

Lorenzo sighed, pulling a hand over his face. "Luca, (Y/N), this is my brother, Ugo. He's your uncle, Luca."

Daniela nodded as (M/N) raised a brow. "Thanks again for coming all this way on such short notice."

"Of course." Ugo got up and walked in front of Luca, a creepy open-mouthed smile as he went in for a hug. "Hello, Luca. Hello, (Y/N). It's really nice to—"

He suddenly chokes and stops entirely, stifled whining coming from his mouth as Luca and (Y/N) stare at him, huddled together and uncomfortable.

"Luca, I need you to punch his heart." Lorenzo taps his chest, a bored look on his face as if this happened before as Luca moved a fist close to Ugo. "That's right. The red thing. Punch it."

Luca stays in (Y/N) hold as she stayed in his as he weakly punches his uncles chest.

"Harder!"