Challenge Accepted

~I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.~ Psalms 25:2

8 days since I posted😞😞.... felt like 2 with my laziness! Bleh.

3rd P.O.V:
__________

(Y/N) rolled her eyes at Ercole and his goons as they ran off, her shoulders tense as Luca somehow manages to tug her closer. Noticing the concern radiating off of him, she leans her head on his shoulder.

Luca freezes at the action before slowly relaxing his body, sighing softly as (Y/N) nuzzles his shoulder a little.

Feeling a sharp gaze on him, he turns his head to see Alberto eyeing him with a teasing smirk on his face, and a few snickers come out as Luca glares at him with heated cheeks.

They stop to turn to look at Giulia as she ranted. "Sto imbecille thinks he can be a jerk 'cause he keeps winning the race, which he shouldn't even get to do anymore, 'cause he's too old and too much of a jerk!" She stops when she finally notice is their stares and laughs sheepishly before smiling.

"You know, we underdogs have to look out for each other, right?" Alberto tilts his head at that, lifting a brow.

"What's under the dogs?"

(Y/N) eagerly raises her hand, not waiting for a answer as she spoke. "Did you know that dogs show their bellies to us for two main reasons? One: as a submissive and trustful display, and as a request for belly rubs! It's so cute!"

Luca, Alberto and Giulia looked at her as she smiled. The former tilting his head in interest. "Really?"

"Where did you learn that?" Alberto asked, putting his chin in his hand.

"The Animal Dialogues: The Many Species On Earth, remember?" (Y/N) turned to Giulia. "Have you read it?"

"No, but that is a good fun fact." Giulia shook her head and chuckled, stopping her bike as the three get off. "But I meant Underdogs. You know, kids who are different, dressed weird, or a little sweatier than average."

She lifted her arms to show her armpits, dark spots of sweat appearing as Luca leans back, uncomfortable as (Y/N) raises a brow and Alberto remains passive.

"Uh..."

"Too much?" She put her arms down, looking at (Y/N) as she nodded and sighed. "Too much."

"Soooo," Giulia riddlers her fingers awkwardly. "are you in town for the race?"

The boys just stare at her as (Y/N) shook her head and shrugged.

"The Portorosso Cup?" Giulia tilted her head, her eyes darting around before landing on (Y/N) as she titled her head in question.

"We didn't really come here for the r-race." She chuckled sheepishly, rubbing her neck awkwardly.

"Oh." Giulia nodded, understanding. "Well, good talk. I gotta deliver these. Always be training, you know?"

"Bye!" (Y/N) waved as Giulia waved back before riding up the hill. Turning around, Luca and (Y/N) tried to figure something out as Alberto picked his nose.

"We should ask her about this Portorosso Cup race." Luca took Alberto's arm, (Y/N) tapping a finger on her chin before nodding.

"That's how that Ercole human said he got his Vespa." The boys looked at her before turning where Giulia went.

. . . . .

Giulia knocked politely on the green door and backed up when a woman opened it. "Giulia, Oh—!"