Chapter 35- locked in a Snow Globe

Start from the beginning

The four of them left the cafe, everyone still looking at them, talking quietly amongst each other. Many were in awe with being in the presence of the Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. Their faces have been plastered on the Daily Prophet for months on end and they of course knew of the war and Harry and Mione's heroic actions. However what they found to be quite perplexing was that Draco Malfoy, a death eater, was with the Golden Duo. It didn't make sense to them whatsoever.

Once outside the cafe, all four young adults let out a breath.

"They were a welcoming lot weren't they?" Theo asked bemused. "Sure took a liking to you Drake. "

Draco simply shot him a death glare of his own and turned away, looking down the snow covered streets. A few beings littered the area, walking from one place to the next. Several cars passed.

"It's this way," Hermione said, leading the way.

The three boys glanced at one another and followed after her quickly. Harry walked in step with Hermione, while Theo and Draco trailed behind them. Theo grumbled to himself, there went spending the day alone with Hermione.

Hermione breathed in the air. The last time she had been to Paris she had only been ten, it was the summer before she went to Hogwarts for the first time. She knew exactly where she was. She had been here too many times to count.

Her feet led the way without a second thought and before she knew it she stood in front of a familiar restaurant that she had come to numerous times with her parents.

Hermione went to open the door but stopped when Draco pulled it open for her. He didn't look at her and she swore he was blushing, but that could've just been because of the winter weather. As she walked inside she whispered a thank you but Draco avoided eye contact and nodded his head once.

Harry was about to enter as well but Draco cut in front of him. Draco sneered.

"I'll die before I open a door for you," Draco replied coldly and walked in after Hermione.

Harry was just about to get hit by the door but was saved by a hand stopping it. Harry looked up and saw that it was Theo who gave him an apologetic smile.

"Sorry bout that, you'll have to excuse Draco, he's not the most friendliest bloke." Theo told Harry, apologizing for his best mate.

Harry just sighed.

"Thanks," Harry said in reply as Theo opened the door wider for harry to enter.

"Can't you be more civil towards him Draco?" Hermione asked crossing her arms as she gave Draco a disapproving look.

"Stop looking at me like that," he said softly, sounding defeated. His shoulders sagged.

"Like what?"

"Like you expect more from me," He replied and looked away.

"Draco," Hermione started to say, dropping her arms, her fingers automatically reaching for him.

"Forget it," Draco replied and walked away, her hands fell to her side barely having grazed his clothing. Hermione stared after him, ready to catch up, but was interrupted.

"'Ermione?" An old French lady asked out loud. She stepped out of another door that led to the kitchen.

She was a small old lady with a head full of grey hair. Her eyes were a light blue and there was just a comforting aura surrounding her.

Hermione felt recognition spark through her, she just didn't know why. She felt that she should've known the woman before her, but for some reason not a single memory of the lady emerged. Hermione, not wanting to be rude, plastered a fake,kind smile on her face. She noticed Harry look at her oddly in her peripheral vision. No doubt questioning the very fake, overly friendly smile plastered on her lips.